Who else is from London?!

Hello everyone :wink: I’m not living yet in London, but will maybe move there… So who else of you guys live in London and what kind of work you got there? I’m wondering how life is there. I just been in London a few time for some days, but I really liked it, even though it was quit expensive :wink: As a entry-level I guess you don’t got the high standard in london?! Greetz, Tobias

Who’s together? My wife loves London.

BTW: I’m sorry if this post already exists, but since people come and people go, I would like to take a picture of people from the forum livin in london right now Hope u don’t mind :slight_smile:

I don’t live there either, but I suppose I could if I wanted to.

im in london now… arrived here 2 months ago from sydney… living expenses are high, but your pay balances that out somewhat… just join a few agencies and start interviewing asap if you want to work… i managed to find an analyst job within a month, so im ok now…but the first month was hell… instant noodles for breakfast/lunch/dinner =(

I love noodles

Hey Bluey Good to hear you found something in a reasonable amount of time. I am heading to London in September and of course that is a bit of a concern.

I would not recommend moving to london without a job. That is ill advised and could put you in an uncompromising position, rather quickly. London is a great city, both professionally and recreationally. Weather is a bit iffy, but mild compared to NE US. It is however, very expensive. Be prepared for a protracted search, and expected contagion from US distress in financials.

I lived and worked in London for about two years, so I don’t have any misconceptions. As for the job market, I have done my homework and of course getting a job before going there would be nice but that is next to impossible. In any case I have a number of contacts and as soon as my HSMP comes through I will be applying for positions, so I at least have some interviews lined up before going. All in all though I am very positive.

I lived and worked in London for about two years, so I don’t have any misconceptions. As for the job market, I have done my homework and of course getting a job before going there would be nice but that is next to impossible. In any case I have a number of contacts and as soon as my HSMP comes through I will be applying for positions, so I at least have some interviews lined up before going. All in all though I am very positive.

Ha-ha, sorry for the double post, have been experiencing some network problems.

I have been living in London nearly 2 years. The best thing here is that it is easy to have a visa to work - for grad you can have post-study visa until 2 years, or have HSMP (now called Tier 1 General) visa without employer’s sponsor. Bad things … bad weather, raining alot. Living costs: expensive - expected to pay about £800 at least for rent/month (sharing). Salary: high to compensate the high living costs. Job: so competitive right now. I cann’t find any thing i like during the last several months (i’am from big 4 audit). Gave up now and am focusing on MBA…probably best time now to be back to school!