Who else is taking this week off?

i’m taking the week off as well. Didn’t do that the last time around and still believe that was my biggest mistake. I failed exaclty the sections i haven’t reviewed properly b/c of lack of time. Hopefully lesson learned. The plan is to take first Mock tomorrow, aiming to put Ethics, FSA, Equity, Fixed Income, Econ, PM and Alts in >70% range. Then focus on re-reading weak areas in mostly FSA and Fixed Income. Saving the second Mock for Thursday, just to gauge exactly where i stand. Do a review of my notes on Friday and cross my fingers to hit the peak in test-taking on Saturday. btw, getterdone, how’s the hiring at your division? I’m currently with one of the big 5s, in Retail trying to breakthrough into Wealth, but at my employer there are/have been exactly 2 openings in last 5 months.

its been a really tough go around to get into wealth, even harder to get into Capital Markets (got some interviews lined up). There has been very scarce hiring within the big 5’s every since the credit crunch, we are getting nailed on our bottom line. Summer time usually picks though.

if you pass Level 1, there is no way they will turn you down

I wish I could… I work 40hrs, taking 8-credits for my MBA this summer and preping for this Exam on Saturday!! I concluded my studying on May 1st and have been doing Schweser Q-banks since then. So far so good!! but no time off :frowning: Thank God for COFFEE

getterdone Wrote: > > any tips for us zizou? dunno what i can really offer that hasn’t been mentioned already by repeat takers. but qbank is really helping me this time around. learn the shorcuts on your calculator. and be prepared for lots of conceptual problems instead of number crunching. my biggest problem both go-arounds was retaining the information. by the time i finished alternatives, i forgot econ and of course FSA. read ethics again the day before.

zizou Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > getterdone Wrote: > > > > > any tips for us zizou? > > dunno what i can really offer that hasn’t been > mentioned already by repeat takers. > > but qbank is really helping me this time around. > learn the shorcuts on your calculator. > > and be prepared for lots of conceptual problems > instead of number crunching. > > my biggest problem both go-arounds was retaining > the information. by the time i finished > alternatives, i forgot econ and of course FSA. > > read ethics again the day before. For FSA, did you encounter alot of calculations regarding adjustment, or more conceptual q’s?

conceptual.

getterdone, i almost got in in late Jan (did the first round of int, an assignment and was about to go for the second) but the whole division got slapped with a hiring freeze, which is still in effect to this day.

scotia by any chance?

Maybe Friday off, doubt it though.

nope, it’s the green one :wink:

hahaha, well good luck with it man, very scarce these days to get those jobs! but hey, passing level 1 for the both of us would be a start :slight_smile: good luck my fellow canuck! ps. watch out for the jays, they are on fire!

Will take the week off and do the mocks and samples etc. and work on weak areas. Did the fist AM exam of the Schweser Level2 book yesterday. Slightly irritatingly I get 75-80% when I print out an exam from the Test Management pages of Schweser but taking the first Volume 2 exam only got a shameful 48%. Found the macro section hard as well as Corp Finance so willl have to spend some time on that. Will also take the CFA exams (the ones you can buy on cfainstitute.gov) this week. Anyone else in London taking the week off?

Just 2 days off before the exam. Not enough but that’s the best I can do.

I am also taking one week off

I am taking a week off… How many full practice exams alltogether are you guys planning to take before the exam? I heard some people have taken as many ast 8-10 full exams… I am only taking 5 though…

week off from my PWM job in Barcelona! Monday mourning finish first fu…ng fsa reading. Evening review the answers of the sample exams (took them with a very low grades 2 weeks ago) Tuesday Mock 1 and review answers review thursday mock 2 and review read read read… and 2 red bulls per day!!! (by now) … And It will be the same in December???

Have a few days off. Gonna try to relax mostly and do some tests and review lightly. I feel that at this point, the main thing that could fail me is stress and a possible burnout.