Who else is taking this week off?

Who else, of those who work full time, are taking the week of to prep. And what’s the game plan? Also, who else is working in finance and has been doing this whole study thing on top of 90 hour work weeks? Plan is to finish second pass of materials tonight. Take Mock CFA exam tomorrow AM. Then focus on major problem areas as well as the “BIG” areas… so 2 days to FSA, 1 to Quant, 1 to a Combined Econ / Ethic, 1 day for the left over material… and friday … no studying!

I work for the wealth management division in one of canada’s big 5 banks, I will be taking this week completely off! I have done all the mocks and samples, just reviewing everything over again, then review my weak areas one more time then write this stupid thing!

I work in finance and right now I feel drained. I have already taken one week off…so I will just take two weeks before the exam to revise the main SSs

getterdone… how were your scores on the mocks and samples … and how did they compare with schweser book 6 and qbank if you did those?

ditching all classes even though my final is right after L1 exam lol

mcf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > getterdone… how were your scores on the mocks > and samples … and how did they compare with > schweser book 6 and qbank if you did those? my scores on the mocks and samples were always between 75-85, most of the time when I scored in the 70’s I would make stupid mistakes on questions and not read it carefully enough. I did Schweser book 6, but not Q bank. Schweser is alot easier because the questions are structured like the ones we see in the books. I would definitly recommend the sample and mocks from CFAi though hope that helps bro!

I was off last 2 working days. I dont have vacation left to take next week. I have to go over everything one again as i dont remember some stuff. Not in a good shape as of now. :frowning:

I am taking this week off, and the plan is to somehow finish the material. Econ, derivatives, FSA, Equity analysis still left to do… blah!! its gonna be tough doing 40 readings in 5 days. I took 2 exams, don’t know from where, think they are from 2002 schweser material and my scores were 66% adn 63% - but they not too representative of the current curriculum. So at present not feeling good at all. More laters, really worried now, so gotta hit the books. Also compiling a list of questions from AF, a lot of questions here are good.

Taking Thu-Fri off from work to take CFAI exams on Thu and go over Ethics and all the formulae on Fri.

no time off. just beasting this thing. i work on a trading desk, so im in at 6, out at 6…everyday. i asked for time off and got laughed at. cant tell you how many times ive been told that L1 is a joke. for those of you taking a week off, the odds that you fail are slim to none. theres guys on my desk who spent 2-3 wks studying while working and passed. 5-7 days of hitting the books and your golden.

djshft Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no time off. just beasting this thing. i work on > a trading desk, so im in at 6, out at > 6…everyday. i asked for time off and got > laughed at. cant tell you how many times ive been > told that L1 is a joke. > > for those of you taking a week off, the odds that > you fail are slim to none. theres guys on my desk > who spent 2-3 wks studying while working and > passed. 5-7 days of hitting the books and your > golden. I know people like that too, but trust me it is alot easier to say that Level 1 is a joke once you passed! I guarantee that if one of those guys failed it would be hard all of a sudden :slight_smile:

> for those of you taking a week off, the odds that > you fail are slim to none. theres guys on my desk > who spent 2-3 wks studying while working and > passed. 5-7 days of hitting the books and your > golden. I really hope your right.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > for those of you taking a week off, the odds > that > > you fail are slim to none. theres guys on my > desk > > who spent 2-3 wks studying while working and > > passed. 5-7 days of hitting the books and your > > golden. > > > I really hope your right. lol me too, need all the help i can get!

I am sure there are guys who can pull it off in 5-7 days, but these guys are likely to be few than majority. In fact the pass ratio of the exam is a DIRECT PROOF that there are more people who have failed by studying either 5-7 days or more number of days/even months than the people who have passed by studying 5-7 days. So, I still find it hard to believe people are passing this exam in 5-7 days of effort. Even good accountants would choke at the non-FSA material. It takes atleast one day to study ethics, thats something you just can’t skip and go and hope to pass, cuz you really have to know your ethics.

No days off for me, but I get a lot of time at work to study. Although from the new issue calendar I saw last week, it looks to be busy. :frowning:

lol 5-7 days of studying and pass? That’s sick.

no days off for me… in fact i’m going in for overtime this weekend. So 8am go work, noon to midnight studying… sleep 8am go to work for a bit… then 12 to 12 again :(. They don’t even know what the CFA exams are, so i don’t think they’ll understand. plus if i don’t go through, my project might fall through… so, have to :(.

i work for a bank’s investment management department, and i was able to get the week off. i’m reviewing sections and take mock exams… this is my second attempt, and i feel even more pressure and anxiety this time.

zizou Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i work for a bank’s investment management > department, and i was able to get the week off. > > i’m reviewing sections and take mock exams… > > this is my second attempt, and i feel even more > pressure and anxiety this time. any tips for us zizou?

I have to work OT on Sunday which was unplanned but I am taking Thursday and Friday off.