who else was KILLED ON PM?

Why does the CFAI do this? Why not make the morning section a little tougher? By the end of six hours you are starting to get a little tired. The afternoon was unnecessarily difficult. After the morning and at lunch I was a pretty happy camper. I left the afternoon section so angry that I was ready to jump in front of a moving train. I studied a lot for this exam. How is it possible that I can leave it feeling like I was completely unprepared? Ridiculous.

I counted the answers that may well be wrong from reading the forum and I found that over 90% of my wrong ones are from afternoon session. I hope I did well on morning one, but since everyone did well on that, it is probably meaningless.

You guys are like chickens in their nest after a rude awakening by a fox. Everything is fair game with CFAI. They are being straight with you - you want our designation, prepare for some perverse loving. As for me, I couldn’t getup after the afternoon session was over. I kept sitting there like Tom Hank’s character in Saving Private Ryan when the granade went off next to him on the beach and he was temporarily deafened.

The ethics and portfolio management on the PM were completely unexpected.

the current account and financial account question was unexpected. definitely worse than the am. I’ll say “surive” but “not confident”

So done with that CFA crap. 3 yrs of my life wasted on that LII. I am moving on and trying something more doable, maybe like a Phd in quantum physics.

stockbroker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So done with that CFA crap. 3 yrs of my life > wasted on that LII. I am moving on and trying > something more doable, maybe like a Phd in quantum > physics. Precisely.

After memorizing all the PortMnmt formulas and concepts, they ask relatively vague questions… total bummer. Perhaps the questions weren’t that bad, but I was completely burnt out by the time I got to them. I thougtht I knew 3 but had to guess on 3 and what I thought I knew might have hurt more than help. Why do they always seem to ask really tricky PrortMnmt questions? Last year it was Treynor Black that stump people.

Londongq Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I thought the morning session was tough but > doable. I felt i did well on that section, > probably above 70%. > > Afternoon, was the most draining exam i’ve ever > written. It was disgusting and tricky. I had no > idea what Port.Mgt. was asking. I think there was > half a page in the notes on MVF. > > Overall, very dissapointed in the exam. I did 10 > practice exams including CFA mock exams and it was > totally different and the topics were not even > close to what I saw. I don’t think it was a fair > exam at all. All the hard work was for nothing. So > many topics did not show up on the exam. No FCF, > Options, SML, Investor behaviour, economics > theories, Time Series. > > I felt like they did a good job in screwing people > over on sections that are barely mentioned in the > notes. > > I would be very surprised if I passed and I felt I > was ready and knew the material inside out. I cant agree more. 2nd time as well. And was very prepared, and they didnt ask any of the ‘core’ concepts, a real low blow I wonder if writing to the CFAI would be worth it, just to express an opinion…

stockbroker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So done with that CFA crap. 3 yrs of my life > wasted on that LII. I am moving on and trying > something more doable, maybe like a Phd in quantum > physics. Nicely put xD

Sorry, i did well on PM, only because on Friday i read the whole Portfolio Mgmt section in Schweser notes again because after last year i didnt want to leave it to chance.