Who gave it for retab?

There are a lot of non-sense in this exam in level II especially what is a fail or pass. For those who were amazingly suprise by their results, join this discussion. For my part i gave it for retab especially for the corp/ eco and portfolio management portion.

I was too astonished at my result and still find it very unbelievable… I was pretty confident I passed yet I ended up being placed at band 4 but it seems like there are many complaints of a similar kind this year… What are the chances that the CFAI repeated 2004 mistake and had machine errors while grading some papers? Oh I wish this turns out to be the case to avoid going through this headache again… My morale is severely down… Thinking about it: more people than every other year expressed surprise at their results and also the CFAI obviously experienced technical issues on the results posting day… these are maybe indicators that something went wrong… but even if this is the case, I doubt that they’ll admit it… Not sure I’d be able to regain faith in my ability to pass it having placed in band 4… Very very unbelievable and unexpected to me… I wish I can see how they graded my paper… There’s no way I’d have scored this… No way… I know this for a fact…

P(or)F Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- … I know this for a face… No you don’t

You don’t need to be picky with the exact wording. There may have been a bit of exaggeration in my expression yet I meant to say my result was totally totally unexpected although I’m a pessimist in nature…

I also got band 4 and couldn’t believe I failed. I was in band 10 last year. Was a lot more prepared this time around.

Band 7 and Band 4. I would retab for peace of mind for sure.

when will retab marks will be known?

I was astonished. check out the “is anyone questioning the integrity of the test string”.

i mailed to institute and it was there reply Dear Mr. Gindoria, Thank you for contacting us regarding your exam results. We take pride in our grading systems and have significant systems of quality assurance. We would not publish results that we are not confident in. So, while it is possible for there to be an error in the grading of your exam, it is highly unlikely. In fact, it has been several years since a retabulation has resulted in an exam score change. In these instances a thorough investigation of the situation is conducted which will assist us in further enhancing our grading systems and quality control measures. Please visit http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/pdf/retabulation_form.pdf to access complete information about the retabulation process. We strongly encourage you to reregister while awaiting the result of your retabulation to ensure that you do not miss any deadlines. Feel free to contact me again if I can assist you further. Regards, Timothy Boyd Client Service

I have my retab results already. No change.

No change ? sad how quick you got your retab results?

I got them last week. I applied a few days after the results were out.

save your 100 bux and used them for drinks

I gave it for Retab as I could’nt believe my eyes when I saw a 50-70% in FSA, I was expecting a 90% on that section and was a complete lock. The suckers sent me this template as usual. Bstrds! ************** 9/2/2009 XXXXXXX Swaption V Gamma As requested, your June 2009 CFA® examination was manually retabulated to ensure that no errors were made in the scoring of your examination. Your examination was verified by candidate number and name and was carefully reviewed to ensure that each answer was graded and that the score was recorded correctly. The total score of your answer book and answer sheet was compared to your total score in the CFA Institute database. No errors were found and your original score remains unchanged. Sincerely, Ms. B. Evans Grading Coordinator CFA Program – Education Division ************** … and I am only kidding. Dry day at work!

Hmmm yes I failed and went for a retab as it appeared that I was very close. As expected the retab only got me closure. Level 2: Fail Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 * - - - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 - * - Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10 --------------------------------------------------------------- Bobfishcake As requested, your June 2009 CFA® examination was manually retabulated to ensure that no errors were made in the scoring of your examination. Your answer sheets were verified by candidate number and name. Your marked answers were compared to the answer key and your score was compared to your score in the CFA Institute computer database. No errors were found and your original score remains unchanged. Sincerely, Ms. B. Evans Grading Coordinator CFA Program – Education Division

you are very unlucky bob. I passed and my results were very close to yours, only marginally better. Better luck next year, you will crush it