who has not started solving papers yet?

Thank god this thread exists. I just looked at this forum for this first time in a few months and saw everybody talking about book 6, the 2006, exam, the 2008 one, etc. and I started to panic. I just started doing some end of section questions and hopefully will do a practice exam in about 2 weeks. That still gives 3 weeks to get through all of them which should be plenty of time.

I’m still on the first reading and hope to finish in a week and a half

Hopefully will do one this week… I am yet to review the material though…

Still on first read of Schweser material. 1.5 books to go. Hopefully will spend 2nd half of May on exams. Very tough to study during the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

bhill020 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Very tough to study during the Stanley Cup > Playoffs! I heard that bhill!

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bhill020 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Very tough to study during the Stanley Cup > > Playoffs! > > I heard that bhill! especially when your team’s games go into 3 OTs…and you still lose

Not trying to make some feel bad, but I have finished Schweser vol 1 and starting Exam 2 in vol 2. It is somewhat early, but reviewing them near the test (along with taking other practice exams then) will be super quick. I use them more as study aids, as opposed to timed diagnostics. The material sticks so much more when it’s an “exam” question.

eastcoast, i agree completely. not sure how others say you can’t benefit from it this early. it lets me know where i’m at and what i’m still weak on. i did v2 first, and am now going back to 1 this weekend. to each his own…

Yeah I havn’t. Almost done reading then will hit QBank for the next couple weeks then start doing the practice exams over the next 2 weeks then do what ever I can in the week before the exam. I did fail last year and was in the 9 band so I am pretty confident I will be fine.

Does anyone find Book 7 easier this year? I usually start with a test from book 7 to scare myself back into studying. This time… I didn’t get scared. It didn’t feel right at all…

I can’t wait until crushing a test feels like crap.

No book seven or six here, first one will probably be the windsor one, then one exam/week for may and reviewing weak areas. The first week of june will be half an exam in the morning and review in the afternoon.

I have neither started the QBank nor Book 6 or 7. I am still continuing with reading the text. Will start on QBank & papers probably after 15th/20th may.

Thank God for this thread…I just get freaked out by people posting their test scores already. Won’t you guys run out of tests in the end ? I’m aiming to start my tests some time after Mid may…

I just find that if I start the practice tests two weeks before the exam I will have no time to work on the weak areas I discover (and there are usually quite a few), which may lead to more panic. No thank you - I’d rather know now and still be able to do something about it.

Still reviewing…was hoping to start tests this weekend…but I underestimated how long it would take me to review and probably won’t start tests until Mid-May

dimitrous Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just find that if I start the practice tests two > weeks before the exam I will have no time to work > on the weak areas I discover (and there are > usually quite a few), which may lead to more > panic. No thank you - I’d rather know now and > still be able to do something about it. I’m in this camp. As I do practice exams I keep a spiral next to me and write down any topic that I feel I should review.

I am a repeat L3 taker. Grade band 10 last year. Was almost there. This year put in more effort. Finished all Qbank with a 96%. Done reviewing readings and CFAI textbook questions. Will do a couple practice exams this week and a couple more next week. Last week before exam will review notes and do online CFA mocks.

pimp, may I inquire into how you approached the IPS stuff this year?

The IPS has always been a crapshoot. There’s no one way to do it. You can do 10 different ones and all 10 will have different approaches. Admittedly, I’m still not an expert at it. I need to spend an entire weekend reflecting on IPS over the coming weeks.