who has not started solving papers yet?

Sounds like a lot of us are at the same place. I’m trying to finish up 17 and 18 this week. I hope to do a practice test this Sunday.

I’ll do the first one on May 10th… after I have rereviewed all the study sessions…

Thank god for this thread. Now I don’t feel so bad watching the playoffs (stanley cup) right now. :slight_smile:

Still have lots of reading to finish… A colleague claimed last year that he passed L3 without ANY studying. After reading through the material, I think he might be. Although secretly I’m hoping it’s possible.

creperie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Still have lots of reading to finish… A > colleague claimed last year that he passed L3 > without ANY studying. Yeah Chuck Norris is pretty awesome.

still have plenty to go, probably start in the 3rd week

Ok, so I’m still in this category and was planning to do the essay portion of the 2006 exam tomorrow. Then I’ll follow with at least the Schweser Bk 1 and free exams, as well as the 2007 and 2008 essay portions prior to D-Day (has double meaning this year, no?). BTW, I am taking off the week before the test. So, having not experienced the L3 exam yet, I was wondering the opinion of this board since I’ve been on here a bit now and noticed a couple of things thru L1 and L2: 1) I usually have no clue as to what you’re all talking about. It seems that us AF’ers really get more into the nitty gritty than we have to as we try to foster our understanding of a topic. I’ve generally focused on the overall concepts (particularly those that carry the most weight) and it has served me well. Do you think that holds with L3? 2) We do spend a decent amount of time on calculations and that is of course helpful and necessary. I for one would not have gotten swaps right in L2 without jscott’s posts. However, to what extent do you think calc’s and formulas determine your performance for L3? And I don’t mean like just calculating your required return for the IPS because that is more conceptual than formulaic imo. (I would say L1 and L2 are somewhere between 60-75% calc/formula intensive… thoughts for L3?) Thanks in advance as I sit here completely nerve-wracked just like I was in L1 and L2.

I’m just going through all of the CFAI end of topic questions first. These tend to be pretty representative? Probably start tests in a couple of weeks.