Who is going to crush this exam with me??

I am jobless and going balls to the wall until 12/6. Any other AF’ers want to crush this exam too? Let’s avoid negative thoughts and push forward supporting each other! I attribute my fail in June to the piss poor attitude I developed with the stress weeks before the exam. Don’t let this happen to you! I’m coming Level 1!

Right on bro! First time for me, but trying to get into finance.

GOD HELP ME!!!

What have you done differently this time out?

This time? I started from a clean slate. Read everything again, abused Qbank, and now I’m focusing on the areas that are just hard (Quant/FI/FSA/etc). SS 3,9,16 are the hardest ones out there. Everything else I’m content with at this time. Rest assured I’m going to be stressed much like the rest of you.

I’m definitely one of those “know-material-before-the-exam-but-stress-out-the-day-of-and-mess-up” type guys. I’m trying my hardest to stay relaxed.

ditchdigger2CFA: I am facing challenging time due to lingering crises as my portfolio has gone bad to worst…I can easily sense impending job cuts in my company. This frustration has really diverted my attention away from the exam. I failed in June 2008 with 10 Band. I am not sure how I can disentangle my job stress. Very encouraging to see your level of motivation. I will try to acquire the same level.

geranimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ditchdigger2CFA: > > I am facing challenging time due to lingering > crises as my portfolio has gone bad to > worst…I can easily sense impending job cuts > in my company. This frustration has really > diverted my attention away from the exam. I > failed in June 2008 with 10 Band. I am not sure > how I can disentangle my job stress. > > Very encouraging to see your level of motivation. > I will try to acquire the same level. I was in your shoes in June. The job cuts began in July and I missed the first round. In October I was not so lucky. I was also in the 10 Band. I cannot fathom failing this a second time without a job. I’d feel like such a loser.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m definitely one of those > “know-material-before-the-exam-but-stress-out-the- > day-of-and-mess-up” type guys. I’m trying my > hardest to stay relaxed. That is exactly how I feel! We will PASS!!!

Even if you’re not an Obama supporter, this must be your mindset for the test. FIRED UP! READY TO GO!!! YES WE CAN!!!

This thread reminds me of my mom’s pep talks on the power of positive thinking ever since she read “The Secret” a few weeks ago. However, I am with you on believing that we can, and will ,pass this test.

I’m with you! Throughout the last 5-6 months I have felt up and down about passing, but now that I am reviewing I feel consistently much better. For example, I have felt that quant would be one of my worst sections of the test, but after spending 3-4 solid days reviewing, it all clicked and became intuitive and now I think it will be one of my best. If I can get anywhere near that improvement on some of the other difficult topics, I will kill this thing! Much work to be done for sure though.

dude, love it…I’m in on crushing. back yourself on exam day.

I just got a 77% on a QBank 120 question exam. While I’m thrilled that I ‘passed.’ I think that score is alot more realistic if one were to chop 15% off. Quant/FSA/FI are the visible weak areas.

I’m in! lets crush this mutha *$%*!a

Good luck December exam takers…I’ve got another 6 months yet. mwillsj Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This thread reminds me of my mom’s pep talks on > the power of positive thinking ever since she read > “The Secret” a few weeks ago. > > However, I am with you on believing that we can, > and will ,pass this test. And as my mom used to say before we went to school everyday, “Be a math star!”

Bump - Who is still on board with me?

im gonna smash it. No doubt about it.

i feel the same as the OP. not having a job is giving me an added pressure, because if i fail it i can’t give the ‘i was studying for cfa level 1’ talk to my prospective employers.

Just wanted to wish you guys good luck, hope ya’ll crush the exam… keep up the positive attitude. During the exam keep focused.