Who is Numi?

^ Hacksaw.

Recently, I said that I hadn’t had any run-ins with Numi. That changed today.

Numi, you remind me of a guy I know from Harvard Business School. He had a supermodel girlfriend, a Ferrari, a house on the beach in Malibu, and more money than he knew what to do with. He just consulted on AF for “pride”, or “because it’s the only thing I haven’t done”, or “out of loyalty to the BOMS.” The problem was–he couldn’t prove any of it.

Oh yeah–and his financial specialty? Was he trading derivatives because he was fearless? Or was he going to be a portfolio manager, and construct portfolios maximizing return and minimizing risk? Or was he going to work at Goldman Sachs –one of the most elite big banks on the street? Nope, none of that.

He was going to consult on AF helping people get into grad school.

This is you, Numi–you’re real tough in the anonymous forum, where nobody can see you and call your bluff.

^LOL

Edit: I felt these needed to be cataloged.

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91317525

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91317500

This cracked me up

Bileball Blake is the toughest MF I’ve ever seen on this anonymous furrum. You can’t beet the Blake. Nay ye even hope.

I’ve been told that when he walks on the ground, all of silicon valley trembles, so great is his power. Baseballs fly hither and yon, striking those who dare to stand up for themselves - be they virtual, or be they real. It makes no difference.

He’s not even in fynance anymore, yet his ever-watchful eye turns to AF, that we may be smote asunder by his awesomeness in presence.

Be grateful that we only feel his virtual presence; were it real, one could only abandon all hope, ye who tremble in his glory.

Numi: ratio of helpful comments to useless spiteful ones --> extremely high

Blake: ratio of helpful comments to useless spiteful ones --> approching 0.

I still haven’t forgiven Numi for beating me in the coin flipping competition a couple years back.

Jesus people. Blake was freaking joking. Look at the posts I linked to. It started wtih Greenie’s attack on Blake and his joking response to Iteracom, and now this. With each thread being titled “Who is XYZ”. So he plugged a humorous one for Numi.

What sort of world are we living in when I have to be the godd*mn voice of reason around here!!!

OK, I missed the bit of AF lore because I can’t be bothered to remember every thread in existence, and I don’t always click on everyone’s links to check out what it is. There aren’t enough hours in the day for that.

But Blake has a history of ripping people new ones without actually offering much value on his own, so I figured Blake’s post was just one more in that grand tradition he established. Apologies if your joke was misread as representing your true feelings (which are pretty similar to what you’ve iterated elsewhere).

A simple, “I apologize, I was too busy writing chapters” would have sufficed.

I thought bchad’s post was funny, either way.

I would love to meet numi one day.

#nohomo

^ may want to drop a ‘no homo’ in there given you’d love to meet him.

#Respect.

^ haha you guys are funny.

If I ever make my way to NYC I may have to call a special meeting happy hour of the AF BSDs. Meet some of the folks behind the usernames.

Would like to be invited to Numi’s bachelor party.

[Insert gay bar joke.]

Just saw this thread. Thank you all for the kind words, especially those that haven’t had a chance to meet me yet, and especially Blake. :slight_smile:

Is this Numi?

http://getnumi.info/

Do you just have up’s in life or are there down moment’s which you would want to share, probably the ones that you came out stronger?