who needs a break?

I’m beating myself up everyday for the past 4 months. How are you guys doing? I’m doing qbank questions about 100 per day, 6am-9am and 6pm-1am after work effectively studying, plus more questions and review during my free time at work. 8am-12am on the weekend and checking this forum out in between (just so I don’t get sidetracked with other stuff on my mind other than CFA). Feel like they need a chat room so we can indulge ourselves even further on the CFA stuff, jk really. Took all my leisure time away; nice weather = can’t go out, can’t golf, can’t ride my motorcycle, etc…need to study more. Who needs a break really?

I wacthing a video of Leonardo Da vinci and Michealangelo on youtube.

you are studying like 10 hours every weekday!! wow!!! I can never make it more than 5!!

Everyone has different study style. But from my own experience, I found my early start (started in Oct) and now spending only 15-20 hours a week reviewing more effective. I do no more than 30-40 qbanks a day, then usually take a practice exam on Sat. It makes me understand better, without getting burnt out. So far, I have gotted 74% on first 2 schweser exams and 76% on 60 question CFAI sample exam. If I pass Level 1 in June, I plan to start early again for Level 2, probably in Sept.

alsrs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m beating myself up everyday for the past 4 > months. How are you guys doing? > > I’m doing qbank questions about 100 per day, > 6am-9am and 6pm-1am after work effectively > studying, plus more questions and review during my > free time at work. 8am-12am on the weekend and > checking this forum out in between (just so I > don’t get sidetracked with other stuff on my mind > other than CFA). Feel like they need a chat room > so we can indulge ourselves even further on the > CFA stuff, jk really. Took all my leisure time > away; nice weather = can’t go out, can’t golf, > can’t ride my motorcycle, etc…need to study > more. Who needs a break really? Dude are you serious? 10 hours per day and 16 on the weekends? 82 hours a week. I know you take some breaks but that is absolutely insane. I can guarantee you that nobody on AF is studying that much. You definitely need a break. Play a round of golf this weekend. How do you go on <5 hours of sleep on work days?

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > alsrs Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m beating myself up everyday for the past 4 > > months. How are you guys doing? > > > > I’m doing qbank questions about 100 per day, > > 6am-9am and 6pm-1am after work effectively > > studying, plus more questions and review during > my > > free time at work. 8am-12am on the weekend and > > checking this forum out in between (just so I > > don’t get sidetracked with other stuff on my > mind > > other than CFA). Feel like they need a chat > room > > so we can indulge ourselves even further on the > > CFA stuff, jk really. Took all my leisure time > > away; nice weather = can’t go out, can’t golf, > > can’t ride my motorcycle, etc…need to study > > more. Who needs a break really? > > Dude are you serious? 10 hours per day and 16 on > the weekends? 82 hours a week. I know you take > some breaks but that is absolutely insane. I can > guarantee you that nobody on AF is studying that > much. You definitely need a break. Play a round > of golf this weekend. > > How do you go on <5 hours of sleep on work days? alsrs - i’d also love to know your qbank, sample and mock exam scores…

Sumz - Yeah I don’t know how I’m sleeping on avg 6 hours. I haven’t started my scheweser or mock. I have the mock on my calendar next week and the Scheweser exams this week, next week, and the week after. My qbank questions are ranging around 60-85%, it’s all over the place. Sometimes the wording throws me off on the qbank. jrozario - starting early would be key. Think I’m pushing so many hours right now is because I started in Feb. Just curious how everyone’s effective studying strategies and hours on avg a week?

Well, I consider myself a typical average CFA candidate: average hours are 16-20 a week…only NOW i am maintaining it at 20 hours a week. average score 70-85% Passmaster effective studying strategies are very much like others - reading, practice, re-reading, practice…I will do Sample Exam next week as well.

I’ve been doing 15-20 hours per week for a while. It’s probably the generic CFA candidate study amount. It’s crunch time now. Starting this week I am putting down my pen and closing my outlook at 5pm everyday. Work be damned. Thrown in an hour for dinner and time to get home and I am doing 6 hours a day plus 1 hour before work. I plan on putting in about 20 hours over the weekend.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > alsrs Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m beating myself up everyday for the past 4 > > months. How are you guys doing? > > > > I’m doing qbank questions about 100 per day, > > 6am-9am and 6pm-1am after work effectively > > studying, plus more questions and review during > my > > free time at work. 8am-12am on the weekend and > > checking this forum out in between (just so I > > don’t get sidetracked with other stuff on my > mind > > other than CFA). Feel like they need a chat > room > > so we can indulge ourselves even further on the > > CFA stuff, jk really. Took all my leisure time > > away; nice weather = can’t go out, can’t golf, > > can’t ride my motorcycle, etc…need to study > > more. Who needs a break really? > > Dude are you serious? 10 hours per day and 16 on > the weekends? 82 hours a week. I know you take > some breaks but that is absolutely insane. I can > guarantee you that nobody on AF is studying that > much. You definitely need a break. Play a round > of golf this weekend. > > How do you go on <5 hours of sleep on work days? i call BS on this post. Impossible or you just arent retaining a single thing.

Agree-also calling BS. 8am-12am on the weekends…doubt it.

8-12 is possible, that’s because I started late. it’s crunch month, aren’t you guys doing 12hr weekends but defiantly with 1-2 hr breaks? if he’s doing that for 18hr straight then defiantly they’re not retaining a single thing.

I started somewhat early- December, but not hard until January. Since the New Year I have averaged 20 hours a week, and I find I haven’t had to push myself too much. I’ll do 4 hours on a weekday and 6-7 on a weekend until the exam, and I’m pretty confident that if I keep it up, I’ll pass. If you’re studying that much, you’ll burn out. Your scores are probably all over the place due to fatigue. Cut the hours back a bit, make sure you get enough sleep, and you’ll probably see higher, more consistent results.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Dude are you serious? 10 hours per day and 16 on > the weekends? 82 hours a week. I know you take > some breaks but that is absolutely insane. I can > guarantee you that nobody on AF is studying that > much. You definitely need a break. Play a round > of golf this weekend. > > How do you go on <5 hours of sleep on work days? Agreed. May I also add that amphetamines are very bad for you.

We just booked our yearly golf vacation for May 17-18. I need this. This will be my mini mid-May (torture month) reward.

i’m on vacation from june 4th till june 23rd :smiley: that’s 17 days of not thinking after the exam!

super fatigued. i took a day off of studying yesterday and had a good sleep. do you guys find the qbank not as useful as the cfai practice questions? i think i’m going to put in more cfa mock than work on the qbank and some schweser exam.

I took the rest of the day off today, after a really brutal week. Getting through all the questions in qbank, CFAI and schweser has really been a daunting, and seemingly endless task. However, I am making considerable progress. I do about 150 - 175 questions a day or more depending on the day. At this point I am also seeing an improvement in my time per question, which is heartening…kind of…