Who passed all 3 levels in 1,5 years?

WITH A KID!!! I quit. I’m done. You have won. Good game.

@Miss Cleo…

Was in derivs / convert (obviously) for a long time - got downsized when prop became a dirty word and been doing less exciting things since then… hence I decided to put that creative energy into getting a few credentials. Never hurts, and someone else was paying so no downside.

@henriko

I wish I was a dentist… now thats an income stream you can securitise :slight_smile:

beats moving money around for a living.

Dec 2012 Level 1, pass

Jun 2013 Level 2, pass

Signed up for Jun 2014 Level 3, hope I will still be lucky.

As I said, it’s about luck, nothing to do with intelligence.

Derivatives is my fav, I wish I could do any less exciting job at the street and slowly work my way up…

man being immigrant in USA sucks, been trying to get into IB or ER for 2 years… Now when I passed my CFA level 3, I don’t wanna even try anymore… I guess, will make use of CFA in the backoffice

@jqian

Yep the harder I studied the luckier I seemed to get… go figure

Harder you work, luckier you are!!! :smiley: Good luck!

@henriko

well at least you are safe there. I have always been a prop trader in the front office and you are always at more risk when the market goes into a downturn being there than in the backoffice.

They cut the expensive staff first unfortunately and when everyone wakes up and realises that they have no capital left you get the chop first. They just can’t justify prop at the moment.

2011 - L1

2012 - L2

2013 - L3

Exactly the same for me. Congrats

Yep, count it

Thanks dude, the same to you!

Did L1 in Dec 11 so yeah, all three in the shortest time possible. Never used the CFA curriculum either (Stalla L1, Schweser L2 & L3). Also a bit of a personal brag, I never went to college… so, I did the CFA to get some credentials, even though I don’t really need them as I’ve been working in MBS research for quite some time and am doing pretty well.

I got the work experience covered. I’ve been in the field for over 10 years now and have a pretty high level role… managing director, head of mortgage research. Small shop so the title doesn’t mean as much as it would at a bulge bracket firm, but similar set of responsibilities nonetheless.

To become a regular member of CFA Institute you will need to

• Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or have equivalent education or work experience

Props to everyone who took all three exams within the ‘18 month period’. Though the amount of hours put in may be the same, I can only imagine the toll it takes when you go straight from Level 1 to Level 2.

For the guys who successfully finished the three exams in this time period - would you recommend doing this or would you take the extra few months and take all exams in June?

Passed all 3 in the 18 month period…worst 18 months of my life but so glad its over!!!

Me as well. Dec 2011 Level 1. Going on to 2 straight away was aweful. By 3 I was completely over it, but luckily got through. Have 2 young children, and was missing out on sport, school day visits, family holidays etc. thank goodness that is all over for me now.

The big (and obvious) plus is that its over in the short amount of time. But the 1 to 2 is preeltty aweful. Sonif there is a choice, would say do all exams in June : much easier. Exam, 3-6 months off, then study hard for the next.

Add me to the ‘1.5 Year / 3 for 3’ Club. Thanks.