Who the f*ck are all these people...

I’ve been eating vicodin like it were candy since getting all of my wisdom teeth out Monday night. I know, I could not have planned for better timing. Anyway, it’s made this entire experience of failing level II much less stressful. Strangely enough, I’ve been quite indifferent really…

valium…for wisdom teeth should it be hydrocodone or percoset or something for pain, not anxiety. Hell if you got any extra, send some down my way.

Vicodin, valium…I get the two mixed up.

I just try and remember all the people on here that pass 2 or 3 levels and still can’t get into finance, much less the better finance jobs I am hoping for. It helps me remember that this test is not the end-all be-all.

hah ha we had the same problem in level I. you know what, who cares? If i post 2000 times and pass, i am happy i passed. i dont mind helping others and my guys who posted a lot for level 1 mostly passed. the lurkers are hurting themselves, b/c reading alone is not as good as reading and contributing to this site.

CFAdetroit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just try and remember all the people on here > that pass 2 or 3 levels and still can’t get into > finance, much less the better finance jobs I am > hoping for. It helps me remember that this test is > not the end-all be-all. Amen! interestingly I know 5 people in my field (buy side) who are already working, have more than enough experience that they would get their charter upon completing L3 and not one of us passed the L2 exam. either we’re all idiots (employed idiots working in the field so many want to get into) or there’s something weird about how they are testing now. for what it’s worth, our existing charterholders blanche when they look at what we are studying

It’s because studying for a test does not define success.

Anybody who thinks that obtaining the CFA is going to lead to success, money, power…etc…is only in for a world of pain.

zimzim78 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …and where did they come from? > > Seriously! We got passers AND failers coming out > of the woodwork. Crazy that so many lurkers are > eager to post reults but provide no valuable > contribution (either in the form of curriculum > knowledge, humor or total bullsh!t) and surface > only once a year. Wow! What a post. Speaking for myself, I just found AF after taking L2 this year. Wish I knew about it in January.

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anybody who thinks that obtaining the CFA is going > to lead to success, money, power…etc…is only in > for a world of pain. Dude, we gotta all hang out next year, at the very least, we can study at the same SBUX on weekends.

ZimZim are you from Zimbabwe?

lol that’s funny

curious as to why you all think so many people write/you personally are writing? what do you consider the cfa to be? maybe not the end-all be-all, but a step along the way? in your eyes, does it help at all?

Zim, you should know that I am not a regular contributor. But I am a regular reader of AF. I actually made more contribution in Level 1, and try to be the first to answer. But in level 2, your discussions are always ahead of my study so I cannot join. And probably this is one of the reasons I fail. I supposed to celebrate with my friend last night for my success. It turned to be a meal of comfort. I am in band 10. Disappointing? Ok, I would try to make more contributions this year.

I honestly think that if the people on this forum spent half the time studying as they do posting pages and pages of redundant b.s. on here it would be time better spent.

I did try to post but given that i started quite late ( late january), I did not have any valuable comments to add. Moreover the liked of dinesh, mwv etc… were damn impressive and didnt feel I could level them which in large part explain the drought of posts for me. Seriously y would you content yourself with me when you are getting the very best from these guys/gals…Sorry anyways…

I don’t think it matters if you post or not - I just don’t understand why you’d rush to post up your mark on this forum if you’ve not posted before. Who cares what mark you got? Post it in the calculators at cfasuccess.com or manuhack.com so we can work out the MPS, but other than that, unless your score is exceptional (good or bad) and worthy of comment, I don’t really see the point.

I tried posting here several times, but I ended up being the “thread-killer” - after I contribute, the thread would get buried and die. So there. Is that still my fault? I posted my score because maybe that is the most interesting thing I can contribute in this forum.

chrismaths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t think it matters if you post or not - I > just don’t understand why you’d rush to post up > your mark on this forum if you’ve not posted > before. Who cares what mark you got? > > Post it in the calculators at cfasuccess.com or > manuhack.com so we can work out the MPS, but other > than that, unless your score is exceptional (good > or bad) and worthy of comment, I don’t really see > the point. That’s essentially what I was saying…I’m not really calling people out on not contributing, I just find it very interesting, and somewhat narcisistic, that about 500 people I’ve NEVER heard of before are qucik as sh!t to slobber their results all over this board (with a select few displaying even less tact than I thought was humanly possible on a message board). I’m sure a bunch of you will step up to the plate in the coming months and we will welcome you to our club, although I’m sad to say I’m gonna miss my “usual suspects” that are movin’ on up. I actually really think I could base a study in behavior off of what I’ve witnessed here the past few days. P.S> Congrats, Chrismaths…your British humour, cynicism and matter-of-factness will sorely be missed by our L2 crew. Pop down to entertain and spur me onto greatness anytime you can. Cheers!

zim…the answer to your problems seems fairly obvious. You need to bag that boss of yours.