Who thinks CFA exams should reflect the year's events

Do you think that the CFA exams should reflect the events of the year? i.e.) on the exam, the test might ask why MBS models might be garbage -Would this kind of question become too controversial

absolutley

I think CFA exams reflect this year and life…many people fail to achieve their goals due to lack of ability or preparation.

This never really happens. In the midst of the greatest financial meltdown of my 46 years, there will probably be lots of questions about LIFO liquidation. Go figure.

Given the lead time needed to create the curriculum and the exam it seems it would be difficult to make anything too timely. But it would be more relevant if they could incorporate current financial events.

name the countries subject to the NAFTA agreement what does NA stand for in NAFTA? name the capital of africa!! anyway, the third one would be a little tougher

it would be a lot cooler if they did

westbruin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > name the countries subject to the NAFTA agreement north africa, france, tibet, australia > what does NA stand for in NAFTA? north alaska > name the capital of africa!! DINOSOARS!!!

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > westbruin Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > name the countries subject to the NAFTA > agreement > > north africa, france, tibet, australia > > > what does NA stand for in NAFTA? > > north alaska > > > name the capital of africa!! > > DINOSOARS!!! congratulations, you are now a CFA!!! and potentially president of the U.S.!!! … one of the strangest things i’ve ever seen. WTF was mccain thinking??

seriously, he deserves to lose i admire/respect the guy, but he showed that he was incapable of making correct decisions

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > westbruin Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > name the countries subject to the NAFTA > agreement > > north africa, france, tibet, australia > > > what does NA stand for in NAFTA? > > north alaska > > > name the capital of africa!! > > DINOSOARS!!! Did Palin actually say that or was that a SNL skit?

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > seriously, he deserves to lose > > i admire/respect the guy, but he showed that he > was incapable of making correct decisions a friend of mine who loves mccain thinks he’s going senile! i kid you not

@ former trader palin didn’t say that nor was it a SNL skit, but could easily be either, lol @ westbruin mccain’s awesome, but yes, I would have to agree with your friend

westbruin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > seriously, he deserves to lose > > > > i admire/respect the guy, but he showed that he > > was incapable of making correct decisions > > a friend of mine who loves mccain thinks he’s > going senile! i kid you not It was a skit (as was the “See Russia from my front porch” thing. Funny how things get confused, even among a fairly with it group like AFers. Probably because Fey nailed the Palin character better than any impression since the days of Rich Little.

westbruin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > seriously, he deserves to lose > > > > i admire/respect the guy, but he showed that he > > was incapable of making correct decisions > > a friend of mine who loves mccain thinks he’s > going senile! i kid you not My wife, the psychologist, thinks that might be the case, too.

JonnyDee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Given the lead time needed to create the > curriculum and the exam it seems it would be > difficult to make anything too timely. But it > would be more relevant if they could incorporate > current financial events. This sounds right to me. It might be possible to put one or two questions that are relevant to events within the last year, but 1) they need to reflect material that is in the CBOK and has an associated LOS, and 2) it needs to be tested as a well formed question, and 3) there can’t be so many that it displaces a bunch of other topics that the exam covers. So this years events will probably show up on next year’s exam.

> It was a skit (as was the “See Russia from my > front porch” thing. Funny how things get > confused, even among a fairly with it group like > AFers. Probably because Fey nailed the Palin > character better than any impression since the > days of Rich Little. do you not read the paper? palin evidently didn’t know what countries were subject to NAFTA and though that africa was a giant country with south africa part of the country… do you really think mccain’s aides made this up? seems very unlikely (but certainly possible)

From what I’ve read, there’s a lot of recriminations and backstabbing among McCain campaign staffers right now, and a lot of the knives are aimed at Palin. And it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility that it was made up.

busprof Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > From what I’ve read, there’s a lot of > recriminations and backstabbing among McCain > campaign staffers right now, and a lot of the > knives are aimed at Palin. And it wouldn’t be out > of the realm of possibility that it was made up. absolutely, it could be made up. i think that’s doubtful but just my opinion… what’s scary is that it’s highly believable. and no way it would be about mccain, obama, biden or even dan quayle for that matter… and i see she’s saying it was “taken out of context”. tells me it’s true.

That’s the reason I think Palin has no chance in 2012. Too much baggage. It would be almost impossible to change the public’s and party’s perception about her in 4 short years.