Who used pencil for AM this year

I am just curious. How many people ended up using pencil this year?

Me

This is becoming a popular topic. I used a pen because I don’t write very hard and pencil is much more impermanent. It was a holy mess at times but I always circle my final answer amid the wreckage a pen will do on a reworked quantitative problem or essay!

Pen - I’m a lefty so pen was necessary.

Pencil

Used an erasable pen, and it was freaking fantastic.

Pen until it ran out, then pencil. CFAI confirmed that this was fine.

Pencil…

pencil

Pen the nip of my 1st pen broke in just 2nd question, and my 2nd pen did not work properly after i comp 60% of my paper. luckily i had some extra pens, and then i used ball point to complete my paper.

started with pencil – realised I was slow – so moved to pen and managed to finish just in time

Had to use pencils since had to learn on exam day that pens are required/recommended for the AM session. From your comments, I assume that pencils are ok, right? Did not find any information on the FAQs on the CFAI website. Asked immediately for advice or at least a pen when reading the instructions on the front cover of the exam. Proctors could not / did not want to help. “we are not allowed to provide candidates with ANY material”. No comment; I mean - it´s a simple pen I had asked for…

mgs@vie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Had to use pencils since had to learn on exam day > that pens are required/recommended for the AM > session. > > From your comments, I assume that pencils are ok, > right? Did not find any information on the FAQs on > the CFAI website. > > Asked immediately for advice or at least a pen > when reading the instructions on the front cover > of the exam. Proctors could not / did not want to > help. “we are not allowed to provide candidates > with ANY material”. No comment; I mean - it´s a > simple pen I had asked for… you shouldnt worry mate - it’ll be graded

Erasable pen… it helped a lot to finish on time…

NASA used to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars or millions trying to develop a pen that could be used in space (zero gravity) back in the cold war days…due to limited budget constraints, CCCP decided…to hell with pens in the space, let’s just use pencils.

I went hybrid Pencil for answers that I didnt know well and thought I might need to erase… Pen for answers that I knew cold Although made sure that I wrote firm with pencil so it wouldnt be too light for them to read

pencil, I went through 7 of them in the AM session.

pencil and im a lefty too

^ same here. lefty with pencil. spoke to proctor before the exam began while instructions were being read to confirm that I can use pencil. She said it is hand graded and thus allowed.

pencil here as well. though I do love those erasable pens, used them last year.