Who used the Elan Guides?

Hi…I just registered Elan…could anyone advise how to get the free eco book?

They email it to you. I got mine the next day.

What did you guys think of the Elan mock exams? Those who used them. I’m using Schweser mocks, but seems like maybe Elan could be better prep. I’ve compared the schweser and elan questions and they are much different in my opinion in style/format. Econ for example: (Elan) Consider the following statements: Statement 1: The MRP of labor for a firm that is a price taker remains constant at all output levels. Statement 2: The MRP of labor for a firm that is a price searcher rises as it expands output. Which of the following is most likely? A. Both statements are correct B. Both statements are incorrect C. Only Statement 1 is correct. Answer: C I have not seen any schweser ones like this. I’ve yet to take the actual exam so I have no idea if this format could come up.

Elan’s mock exams were the closest thing to the real thing. A lot of posters on this thread share that opionion. I have used Schweser and Elan both and preferred Elan. Elan’s style is more conceptual and this is how the actual exam is also for the most part. The two statement style that you mention is an example. The EOC CFA questions and the mocks also contain questions that follow this format. allegro-cpa/cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What did you guys think of the Elan mock exams? > Those who used them. I’m using Schweser mocks, > but seems like maybe Elan could be better prep. > I’ve compared the schweser and elan questions and > they are much different in my opinion in > style/format. > > Econ for example: (Elan) > > Consider the following statements: > > Statement 1: The MRP of labor for a firm that is a > price taker remains constant at all > output levels. > Statement 2: The MRP of labor for a firm that is a > price searcher rises as it expands > output. > > Which of the following is most likely? > > A. Both statements are correct > B. Both statements are incorrect > C. Only Statement 1 is correct. > > Answer: C > > > I have not seen any schweser ones like this. I’ve > yet to take the actual exam so I have no idea if > this format could come up.

What does the EOC stand for in “CFAI EOC Questions”?

Chasej Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What does the EOC stand for in “CFAI EOC > Questions”? End Of Chapter.

thanks

registered for dec exam. just bought Elan ultimate package. Super pumped. i was originally going to use Kaplan but the elan feedback has been too good to ignore.

Good call man. You’ve made the right decision. jdough Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > registered for dec exam. just bought Elan > ultimate package. Super pumped. i was originally > going to use Kaplan but the elan feedback has been > too good to ignore.

I initially chose elan because of price. Little did I know it would be becoming a first choice for many…

guys … can u guys please upload the elan material ? or can u send it to me on … parthesh_shah1@rediffmail.com

I am indifferent between the two. Elan is definitley better priced though.

Can someone please tell me how I can get their free Econ book? I have read on multiple threads that they provide one to registrants for free but I cannot find it on their website. Thanks

They email you. If you have already registered yourself there and you haven’t received it till yet then mail them at info@elanguides.com and ask for it.

parthesh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > guys … > can u guys please upload the elan material ? > > or can u send it to me on … > parthesh_shah1@rediffmail.com Dude, you have been asking for free elan material for a while now. You are not going to get it. Its a violation of standard I(A)

I don’t think they offer the free Econ book anymore. They offer some free trial for 7 days. SpyAli Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They email you. If you have already registered > yourself there and you haven’t received it till > yet then mail them at info@elanguides.com and ask > for it.

They used to email the guide - now you get free access to a selection of their products, e.g. a few of the videos and lecture notes, for 7 days when you create a user profile. You can then access the materials directly from their website when logged in.

Elan Guides is absolutely fantastic, and for the price its miles ahead of its competition. The study notes do a great job of shortening the long verbose CFAI curriculum and provide examples on key concepts that require calculations. The eleventh hour guide is the best review tool in the business, particularly for a section such as economics, which has information overload for only 10% of the exam. The practice questions do a great job of reinforcing concepts in the readings, the Mock Exam’s are the closest you can get to what the actual exam is like (aside from the CFA Mock of course). Difficulty wise, the Elan material prepares you so well, you will think that the CFA Level I exam is a joke, as I did this past Saturday.

BruinBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Elan Guides is absolutely fantastic, and for the > price its miles ahead of its competition. The > study notes do a great job of shortening the long > verbose CFAI curriculum and provide examples on > key concepts that require calculations. The > eleventh hour guide is the best review tool in the > business, particularly for a section such as > economics, which has information overload for only > 10% of the exam. The practice questions do a great > job of reinforcing concepts in the readings, the > Mock Exam’s are the closest you can get to what > the actual exam is like (aside from the CFA Mock > of course). Difficulty wise, the Elan material > prepares you so well, you will think that the CFA > Level I exam is a joke, as I did this past > Saturday. Haha Bruin. I feel like AF has turned into a circlejerk for Elan. I did really like the material though and if I end up passing I might shoot them an email or something letting them know how awesome they are.

beware of the guerilla marketing for Elan