WHOS STARTED ALREADY?

Schweser did a good job with asset valuation and equity, I was more than prepared for those topics- I took the John Harris class for FSA b/c he is the master, and i only used the practice problems from Schweser beyond that so im not sure how it would stand alone. I took Harris for Level 1 and Level 2 and he was great-ive never had an acctg class in my life and he got me through both times with >70%…

Flounder, Thank you for that heads up. Will keep that in mind. The Curriculum book for Asset Val and Equity’s too thick for my liking. :expressionless:

Well Ruhi you’ve got some time left…

Get my books yesterday, just do not have the motivation to start yet. I hate that feeling

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well Ruhi you’ve got some time left… mc, I’m just really scared because I know three people who took it this year and all of them failed. Two of them were re-takers. :((

wd like to start asap. let these ppl register me!? freakkin IT systems…get to hear the same shit over n over again!

Hahaha my sentiment exactly ice

Two people out of four of my colleagues passed. The other two admitted they didn’t manage to get through the material properly and do practice q’s. ruhi22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mcpass Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Well Ruhi you’ve got some time left… > > > mc, I’m just really scared because I know three > people who took it this year and all of them > failed. Two of them were re-takers. :((

tomorrow will be my first day :slight_smile: who wants a postcard?

Hey all… Havent started yet…busy studying for the FRM exam…decided that even if i didnt pass i still will be covering certain aspect of CFA Level2 anyways…and it starts the ball rolling wrt studying… Good luck to all…cya later

Eclectic, I’m in the exact same boat as you - how far on you on your FRM studying? I’m about 40 or 50 pages into it (having a hard time getting motivated). However, smoked the last of my weed yesterday and now will be fully focused until Nov. 17th.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Oct. 1 I’m spending 6 weeks reviewing L1 material, > then spending 3 1/2 months reading CFAI L2 text in > excruciating detail, then spending the final 3 > months doing Qbank and reviewing. I would not spend any time reviewing L1 material, unless you come across L2 topics during your preparation where some background may be needed.

will start after thanksgiving (Canadian thanksgiving that is) on October 9th.

concurrently studying for GMAT and CFA L2. only started on L2 to take intermittent breaks from GMAT verbal. LOL

I am in the exact same boat! phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Will start in Oct/Nov. Currently busy job > hunting… Fuck this job market!

deep2002 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am in the exact same boat! > > phBOOM Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Will start in Oct/Nov. Currently busy job > > hunting… Fuck this job market! If you don’t have a job, its the best time to study, job hunting only takes a few hours per day anyway… hit the books dude as when you start a new position you will be busy learning the job getting over the learning curve. I got my books This morning from CFAI, and will be making a plan for studying one reading per day starting in a couple of weeks; then taking a month off in December – January. Restarting January with Schewzer till April and leave the last month for review and practice exam.

I started going through the Quant material, and realized that it’s all about Regression, a topic I conviniently skipped for L1. Anyway I will have a lot to make up now.

I agree with flounder about the 0-15% topics because it sounds very similar to my experience. >70% in FSA, Equity and Ethics (and econ). <50% in Derivatives, Fixed Income and Quant and failed. I only use Schweser last year, no curriculum (worked for L1) and it seemed good enough for FSA and Equity. I obviously have the curriculum this year and will attempt to use it, esp in the areas I failed in and the review questions. Starting slow review of CFAI texts from now until Dec. Schweser notes again from Jan-March. Practice exams, CFAI exams and Q banks from March-June, reviewing any weak areas along the way. flounder Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wouldnt spend too much time reviewing Level 1 > material. You’ll get what you need from the Level > 2 notes/materials (there is alot of overlap in > equity valuation, the FSA is pretty different). > My biggest mistake in studying for Level 2 this > time was I somewhat discounted the topics that had > a 0-15% weighting and focused more on the bigger > topics. They get you with the nitty gritty details > of the smaller topics, so you really need to know > them. I nailed the big topics and missed the > smaller ones-here I am again at Level 2…My plan > is read the CFAI books on derivatives and > portfolio management in the next few months to try > and really understand them and then start studying > the Schweser notes in Jan… flounder, sorry to hear that mate. hope you clear it this time. Since you are already familiar with the curriculum , can you tell me if Schweser did a decent job with FSA and Asset valuation and Equity? Thank you.