Why cant I buy the 2019 CFA Curriculum without registering for the exam?

Hey guys,

Why dosent the CFA Institute allow you to purchase their books without registering for the exam?

I think Wiley also sells curriculum.you could buy it from them.

I buy the books every year.

I believe that you’re mistaken.

Where can I find this? I’ve logged on multiple times to the website, I am already an institute member (I paid the $450 fee), now I just want to purchase the books. Says I could buy the book for $150 USD, but, I honestly cant find the link. Wiley wants to charge me around $300.

Mine shows up under candidate resources, but I’m am registered for level 3 so I have the resource section. Allows me to purchase any level. If you don’t see it just email them.

My Account > Membership > Curriculum > Purchase Curriculum.

Says I am not eligible to purchase the CFA curriculum. But I already paid the $450 … Sent them an email. Thanks guys.

Apparently you have to register for the exam in order to buy printed books, of buy through Wiley for $299. You should ask a candidate or a charterholder (if you personaly know them) to buy curriculum via their account.

Amazon sold them last year.

I think I see the CFAI retailing the curriculum on Amazon every year

I plan to sit for the December 2019 Level 1 exam but want to purchase the curriculum now also. I contacted CFA Institute and was told that I can buy the eBooks now as a non-registered candidate but need to buy the printed version via an online retailer. Can anyone confirm that this is the correct Level 1 curriculum: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1946442259/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Thanks,

James

It says sold by CFA Institute so it’s probably correct.