Why CFA?

Curious what are the reasons behind everyone wanting a career in Finance or pursuing the CFA

It’s real simple for me. I can’t see myself in any other profession. When other kids in grade school wanted to be astronauts or baseball players, I wanted to work in investments. Why the CFA? It’s the premier designation in this industry.

I am not pursuing the CFA designation

The Money. It’s like a drug. Also, it helps pay for drugs, which are REALLY like drugs.

For positive reasons: I want to gain the knowledge and career advancement. For “other” reasons: so MD/Department heads will stop asking me why I have an english lit degree or not asking as the case may be. For “practical” reasons: I do not have my BSD yet and need something that is universally recognized.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am not pursuing the CFA designation why have you stopped numi? give l2 one more shot. I don’t ‘need’ the qualification to progress in my career but it’s something I just want to do…

Boredom. HoldSideAnalyst also makes some great points.

NYSSA sponsored orgies…although the quality of female charterholders isn’t turning out to be quite what I was expecting while taking the tests Probably shoulda known better

i like finance/economics, money and competition. plus, i couldn’t be a gangster or a prominent scholar so this was the closest thing.

Seb25 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > numi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I am not pursuing the CFA designation > > > why have you stopped numi? give l2 one more shot. > I don’t ‘need’ the qualification to progress in my > career but it’s something I just want to do… i didn’t have time to adequately prepare for level II and don’t see that changing in the foreseeable future. in addition, the CFA doesn’t fit into my career plans (at least as far as i can tell), so it’s hard to find the energy, time, or motivation to want to continue with the program

Numi, while I fully respect the time argument (seeing how difficult it was for me to study working “only” 60 hour weeks), I fail to see how this could possibly not fit into your career plans, especially in light of certain opportunities you’ve discussed here.

Why not!?!

Only because I love gold. And since the CFA is considered the “gold standard” I must have it!

I wish the value of CFA can rise like the price of gold. :stuck_out_tongue:

I did it first to distinguish myself from other undergrads. But more importantly I realized I really enjoy learning this information. My main reason now is doing it for a strong foundation. Never too late to do it for the right reasons.

Oh come on… it’s for the fin-ass bitches!

Pretty neat designation for $3,500 if you ask me. Willy

just like what ymichael12 said “Only because I love gold. And since the CFA is considered the “gold standard” I must have it!” --> me too dude! am soo darn dying to get it!

Well, by not possessing a bachelors degree (yet), I was hoping that by at least passing level 1 in the meantime, would show potential employers that I’m not a COMPLETE idiot…just a partial one.

Because I’m sick of working for my father-in-law. It’s my ticket to freedom.