Why CFAI?

One thing I can’t understand is why L2 results take so long. Both L1 and L2 are MCQs so why the hell does it take 3 months to mark those sheets, after all they use machines. I can understand L3 taking 3 months because of the essays, but L2 - it beats me because if anything there are fewer L2 candidates than L1.

i am sure joey can answer this better, but from what i understand, they examine the question set for irregularities and throw out certain questions. Then they set the bar/curve, and lastly, then they check their revenues. if they need more cash inflow, they lower the pass rate. i agree though, its a ridiculous amount of time to wait. one thing i thought of when i was taking the exam is that i studied months and months for a 6 hour test. then tonight im watchin these olympians and realize they work years and years for what they do in a a few minutes or seconds (gymnastics vault). talk about high risk high reward! unreal!

Do we think both those BOP questions will stay in? Don’t sometimes MQ tests include virtually the same questions asked differently to analyse consistency in answering / get a measure of guessing? I hope so anyhoo! As regards the olympians goes: imagine doing all that training and then catching a cold or something that would stop you competing. Nightmare. Perhaps comparable to your BA II + (and your backup) running out of batteries.

DNAdiver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As regards the olympians goes: imagine doing all > that training and then catching a cold or > something that would stop you competing. > Nightmare. Perhaps comparable to your BA II + (and > your backup) running out of batteries. Well-prepared candidates use BA II Plus Professional, and bring an extra battery or two. :wink:

Lets not start comparing an olympic berth to passing Level II.

yeah anyone can make the olympics, but it takes a real champ to pass these exams.

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lets not start comparing an olympic berth to > passing Level II. I don’t think SkipE was doing that. I agree with him - imagine training for something for years and it comes down to can you run 9.78 instead of 9.83 and will 9.78 be good enough? And you get to find out with 1 billion people watching. That’s pressure. Waiting for your results is no fun but not close to the pressure on Olympians.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jalmy8 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Lets not start comparing an olympic berth to > > passing Level II. > > I don’t think SkipE was doing that. I agree with > him - imagine training for something for years and > it comes down to can you run 9.78 instead of 9.83 > and will 9.78 be good enough? And you get to find > out with 1 billion people watching. That’s > pressure. Waiting for your results is no fun but > not close to the pressure on Olympians. That’s exactly what I was saying.

Would you still watch the Olympics if they didn’t score any of the events or award any medals until October?

I didn’t know sitting for the CFA was a spectator sport.

I am sure there are some wives/girlfriends/friends/family/co-workers, etc. that would beg to differ.

Just as long as they sell alcohol.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jalmy8 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Lets not start comparing an olympic berth to > > passing Level II. > > I don’t think SkipE was doing that. I agree with > him - imagine training for something for years and > it comes down to can you run 9.78 instead of 9.83 > and will 9.78 be good enough? And you get to find > out with 1 billion people watching. That’s > pressure. Waiting for your results is no fun but > not close to the pressure on Olympians. Gadzooks. 9.78 wouldn’t have been good enough. Bolt is so f-ing fast…

wicked race. amazing day at the games. started with phelps dream race tying Spitz, then we got on the board with 3 medals, including a gold, and ending with that race. Awesome!!!

USAIN BOLT !!! Absolutely amazing!!! complete ownage. not only does he smash the world record, but starts celebrating the last 20 Meters.

not onl does he celebrate the last 20 meters, but runs the ENTIRE 100 meters with his shoe undone!

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > USAIN BOLT !!! Absolutely amazing!!! complete > ownage. not only does he smash the world record, > but starts celebrating the last 20 Meters. I’m looking forward to see what he’ll do in (to) the 200. Sprinters seem to be of two types - the fast starters (good first gear) and those with better top-ends. Bolt’s the second type. He’s not the greatest starter with those long legs. That’s not so important in the 200, and his stride and top-end should be in-freakin-credible in the longer race. I can’t wait to see what he does around the curve.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jalmy8 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Lets not start comparing an olympic berth to > > passing Level II. > > I don’t think SkipE was doing that. I agree with > him - imagine training for something for years and > it comes down to can you run 9.78 instead of 9.83 > and will 9.78 be good enough? And you get to find > out with 1 billion people watching. That’s > pressure. Waiting for your results is no fun but > not close to the pressure on Olympians. hey, it turns out 9.69 was needed to be “good enough”!!! awesome race. bolt is the man, but i also gotta give credit to walter dix.

locfa, this may be a weird way to look at it but I think of the time lag between the exam and the results as a blessing. I took L1 this June. I was very happy that the results didn’t come out right away. Since I didn’t want to study for L2 before I knew for sure I passed L1, the summer was mine to enjoy. I didn’t feel guilty not studying since there was nothing to study. As soon as the results came out (passed with 70+ in all categories,) I ordered the L2 books and now they are sitting there staring at me. I took one to the beach today :wink: As “annoying” it was to wait for the scores, in one sense, it was great to just relax and neither study nor feel guilty not studying. So the longer wait of L2 might be nice next year :wink: -Ed