Why does it take so long for the Charter to arrive?

I still haven’t received mine, hoping for today.

Still nothing yet for me. I called CFAI yesterday and been told to call back if I dont receive it by first week of Jan. This is getting stupid.

Well the first week of January has come and gone and still no CFA Charter for me.

As noted in my profile, I am in Australia and therefore posting could be a few weeks but it still won’t surprise me if I get to the end of the third week in January and it still hasn’t arrived.

Lucky, this isn’t life or death stuff!!!

Mine came right before Christmas. I was in such a hurry to get it so that I could keep it rolled up behind my couch, right next to my college degree.

Just received my charter, Checked the name spelling and rolled it back up in the tube. This charter will always remind me the biggest miskate of my life. Very strong statement, but that’s how “strongly” I feel about this whole journey.

Man, that sucks. Would you care to expand a bit on your statement?

^ I hope for your sake the opportunity cost wasn’t too big.

Finally got my Charter, it came in the post on Friday 11 January 2013.

Sounds like it’s getting closer then, but I am still without mine.

2 more days until the end of the 3rd week in January.

For those who don’t know, the CFAI tailors bespoke charters on sacred papyrus parchment with the charterholder inscription in professional calligraphy. Only then do they carefully roll the charter into the tube, disinfect, air seal, and send to the deserving recipient.

True charterholders leave said papyrus in the vacuum sealed tube to prevent deterioration from moisture, sunlight, or heat.

^hahahahaha