Why does the CFA list choices in random orders?

I don’t understand the logic behind placing the choices out of order. For example:

Which of xxx’s three statements pertaining to xxx’s valuation is the most accurate? Statement: 3 1 2

If the CFA is about testing knowledge, why not just list the numbers in order rather than making it possible that a candidate misreads the order?

Because they want us to select the wrong answer. Period.

Haha I wondered this too. It makes it even MORE difficult for us to get the right answer.

I dunno why they’ll do it for themocks.

But I think on the main exam, it’ll be to prevent cheating…i.e. everybody will have a different arrangement so you don’t look on someone’s paper and mimic their choices.

They are testing your ethics knowledge along with that…

For being an analyst, you have to be careful of actions.

But I think on the main exam, it’ll be to prevent cheating…i.e. everybody will have a different arrangement so you don’t look on someone’s paper and mimic their choices.

On the actual exam I think they’ll have it in the correct order, they are not out to confuse us e.g. a) Statement 1 b) Statement 2 c) Statement 3 And I’m pretty sure everyone will have the same question order as well, so mimicing other people’s choices is bound to happen (though what if they’re wrong as well).

There is a funny joke on that:

At “Who wants to be a millionaire” game.

Which vitamins are not in a carrot:

A: C, B: A, C: D, D: B.