why dont I see any improvement in my scores?

I have done book6 1am,1pm,2am,2pm.The scores fluctuate around 65%-70%. I understand the explanations after revewing the answers, but I am not getting any better or becoming more confident/comfortable with the material. What’s the problem here?

Less practice tests, more hitting the books.

You will be fine singlesong! - Imagine us who have not yet taken a test/exam and still have 2 study sessions to go. Swan - when are you planning to start the mocks?

I’ve been thinking about my timeline this weekend, and I’m unsure on it, all I really know is that I need to get on it soon. I’d like to wait until after I’ve completed my second read through here in about a week. At that point I’ll probably just double up the CFAI ones on Saturdays and redo all the CFAI book end of chapter questions through the week is what appears to be my plan. I’m also hoping to get a quick 3rd skim through of PM, Portions of derivatives, and maybe a few other problem readings.

I am FAR behind in scoring. I have done about 1600 Q Bank q’s and am at 77% - mostly after I completed the readings. I made a difficult test and scored 67. I would pay money to be where you are and schweser has already taken plenty of that.

Errrrrr 3rd revision … Sounds like a flawless plan! I am going to have bad memories at the memorial day weekend when I plan to do a 3hr exam. Looking at the scores been put up here by some of the regular AF’ers, I just think they are real brutal exams and don’t want to kill my morale by doing them now.

exactly I’m in too sensitive of a state right now to risk bad scores.

singlesong80 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have done book6 1am,1pm,2am,2pm.The scores > fluctuate around 65%-70%. > I understand the explanations after revewing the > answers, but I am not getting any better or > becoming more confident/comfortable with the > material. What’s the problem here? I had the same issue when studying for Level I. It was simply due to the fact that I hurried into the practice exams before fully reviewing the material. I think the reason why you are not improving is because schweser does a pretty good job mixing up the material for the first few exams. As a result, you continue to hit new areas for which you needed to review (atleast that was my problem). What I did to compensate for these scores was to review each question and write down the correct answer/concept. By the end of all of the CFAI exams and schweser exams I had about 50 pages of handwritten notes which I reviewed during the week leading up to the exam. Basically, I learned from my mistakes. It worked out for level I - I scored above 70% in everything except ethics, economics, and alternative assets without getting above 80% in any practice exam.

it was like that for me last yr, but at the end u know much more, so no worries rgd that

I feel the same thing when I work alot of practice exams per each study session I seem to forget most of the material…So I shall be working on the questions this week and next week onwards hitting the CFA books and memorize.