Why is GM Common Still $1.50+?

BK seems 99.9% certain. 6Bn in loss for the quarter. Shouldn't GM be trading ~.10?

I’ve been wondering about this too. Hasn’t really moved much for a while now.

You haven’t been able to short it because you can’t borrow the shares to sell. Anyone who knows what they are doing has ready sold. Rest are retail, people with hedged trades, or possibly short covering.

Can you buy puts though?

well th enew logic goes like: if you were projected to lose $10B by ‘analysts’ (who couldnt tell their butt from the behind), and you actually lost $6B, you are the forefront of Prosperity 1.2.

kblade Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can you buy puts though? JTLD traded them recently judging buy his post.

Are GM employees still buying in through pension/401k plans?

RIGWDL3 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are GM employees still buying in through > pension/401k plans? I don’t believe so. The date on the article below is Nov. '08, but I thought it was a more recent event. Either way, it looks like a no go. http://www.pionline.com/article/20081126/DAILY/811259956

I remember reading an article a week or so ago that said GM’s pension plans had entirely or had almost sold out of GM completely.

accountant23 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kblade Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Can you buy puts though? > > > JTLD traded them recently judging buy his post. Yeah. I’m not hashing it out again on this thread though, if you want the insight go to my thread.

Not to mention they’re exchanging all their debt for common and then doing a 1-for-100 reverse split. There must be some serious dilution to do a 1-for-100 reverse split after this exchange…