Why is L2 so tough and what do you do about it?

Hi All, I read all over these boards that there is no comparison between L1 and L2. I’m looking for some insight from those who have been through the painful experience of the Level2 curriculum - whether you’ve passed or not. What makes it so much tougher than Level1? Is it the coursework? Is it the volume of knowledge that has to be mastered? Is it the way you are examined? Or is it perhaps a combination of these things, or even something else? Also I would be interested to hear from those who have successfully adapted their approach. What did you do to get through L2? Thanks in advance.

BishBosh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi All, > > I read all over these boards that there is no > comparison between L1 and L2. > > I’m looking for some insight from those who have > been through the painful experience of the Level2 > curriculum - whether you’ve passed or not. > > What makes it so much tougher than Level1? > > Is it the coursework? > Is it the volume of knowledge that has to be > mastered? > Is it the way you are examined? > Or is it perhaps a combination of these things, or > even something else? > > Also I would be interested to hear from those who > have successfully adapted their approach. What did > you do to get through L2? > > Thanks in advance. You already posted this on the L2 forum. No need to duplicate.

man, L3 is way tougher

L3 is tougher. but to answer your question, L2 is tougher because you’re competing against the winnders of L1. L3>L2 for the same reason.

The material is also more indepth at L2 and the exam questions reflect that. Also, some people have a relatively easier time on L1 if they have a finance background. Not many people have such a strong background that they know a good portion of the L2 material, so it feels tougher.