Why isn't "CFA Institute" referred to as "the CFA Institute"?

I always thought it was a bit odd that there was never a “the” before referencing CFA Institute in any CFAI materials. I’m curious about this. For example, you would never see this in the news: “Today, U.S. Security and Exchange Commission announced …” – instead, you’d see ---- “Today, the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission announced …” Anyone know?

i hate cfai’s grammar. you supposed to say, “i’m a cfa charterholder” which means that you’re saying, “i’m a chartered financial analyst charterholder,” which just sounds redundant. you never hear anyone say, “i’m a cpa accountant” or “i’m a pmp project manager.” however, the stores do say dsw shoe warehouse…

More interestingly, you can be a Chartered Financial Analyst Charterholder, when in fact there is no such thing as a Chartered Financial Analyst… just financial analysts that hold a charter.

i believe cfai would need to apply to be a chartered body in all countries that apply, then charterholders could be allowed to call themselves chartered financial analysts. thats what someone told me anyway