why june'08 pass rate is 35%?

Guys…this is no discussion about who can do it or not. Neither about Indians from iit being better. There are several candidates from bigger university degrees and iims writing the CFA. That does not mean by anyway that someone can be better than other or will surely qualify. It is only about your own hardwork that will matter. If you work hard, you will get it. If people who wrote iit’s and did not qualify does not mean that they cannot do it. If only they worked harder, they would also have done it.

amitahuja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If > people who wrote iit’s and did not qualify does > not mean that they cannot do it. If only they > worked harder, they would also have done it. I disagree and I am sorry to say that a large percentage of candidates would not make it even if they tried more than 2-3 times. I understand it is not PC to make this statement.

I agree with buddham. Should be: PC << truth. Unfortunately, this relation is flipped most of the time.

This isn’t the lowest rate anyway… It was 34% a couple of years ago for the December test. Look on the CFAI wbsite and you can find a pdf of score going back to the beginning. It was a little higher the last year or two, but before that was the 34% and a 36% too… In my exam centre, 45% of Level 1 candidates didn’t show. I know this doesn’t effect the pass statistics, but it does show a lot more unprepared people are sitting these days,

rahulv Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > exotic Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > Btw, if every second indian takes JEE, that > only > > helps to make pass rates artificially lower. > The > > population giving CFA is much less diverse. > > > very good point. you got what it takes to be a > good analyst; see beyond what the numbers are > suggesting. > > even i took the JEE and cleared it. but i always > thought that the competition is like 1:8 or 1:10. > if 5% is passing rate than i think 50% of the > candidates were bunk. It does not matter how many candidates appear for IIT-JEE, a fixed number of candidates are selected (5000 or so now (1500 in the past) annually). Even with career opportunities in other areas in India, engineering and medicine are two main areas where most of students apply. There is no passing score like CFA. So, pass rate has no meaning for IIT-JEE or any test that has a fixed pass number.

Yeh, thing is, I know a lot of people registering for CFA, they don’t even know what CFA stands for, and they don’t even know anything about the exams and have no clue about what subject matter they will even be tested on.

I have read a post long ago. it says because CFA i will send their curriculums no matter you like it or not. and some one probably wants to save several hundred bucks on 3rd party notes, only read the curriculums . I used Schweser notes at most of the time and curriculums as reference. also bought CFAi sample& mock exams, they are worth of the money for me. and our study group(5 people) helped me a lot. 4 of us passed.

Doesn’t the U.S. have the lowest pass rate of any country?

we don’t have regression and international economie in June/08 exam. both of them are very hard, at least for me. we will meet them in Level 2. our L2 will be harder than ever.

hotdawg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeh, thing is, I know a lot of people registering > for CFA, they don’t even know what CFA stands for, > and they don’t even know anything about the exams > and have no clue about what subject matter they > will even be tested on. I’ve met a few. They just think the designation looks and sounds cool and will make them mega dollars.