Why so many non-finance ppl interested in the CFA?

jg1996business Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > By the way CFABLACKBELT. What martial arts > discipline do you study? Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiujitsu, Wrestling. Have had to put this on hold for a couple of months b/c of the move to NYC. Im lookin to go to renzo’s school in midtown when I finally get settled in. Do you train? Anyway, I was just curious about why people were so interested in the CFA. On a cost basis, of course its a great option. But, jg1996business is a perfect example of what I was getting at. Last night I was doing annuitys, etc… and for some sick reason I was actually enjoying it. CFA is so intense that I could never imagine preparing for this if I didn’t really enjoy doing so. Thx for the responses.

I got out of Electrical Engineering because there were few jobs, and the pay sucked compared to doing software. I now write financial software for a hedge fund and I used the CFA to learn more about finance. It has helped me in my work because I can better understand what the PMs are saying, and I can build better tools for them.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jg1996business Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > By the way CFABLACKBELT. What martial arts > > discipline do you study? > > > Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiujitsu, Wrestling. Have > had to put this on hold for a couple of months b/c > of the move to NYC. Im lookin to go to renzo’s > school in midtown when I finally get settled in. > Do you train? > > > Anyway, I was just curious about why people were > so interested in the CFA. On a cost basis, of > course its a great option. But, jg1996business > is a perfect example of what I was getting at. > Last night I was doing annuitys, etc… and for > some sick reason I was actually enjoying it. CFA > is so intense that I could never imagine preparing > for this if I didn’t really enjoy doing so. > > Thx for the responses. I study Tae Kwon Do. Actually I just tested for my 2nd Dan (degree) blackbelt on Saturday. 6 hours of hell. On top of all of the physical stuff they wanted to see how well we could teach it. They gave us all a white belt to teach a basic traditionally self defense technique to. He gave us 5 minutes to do it. After teaching it and watching the guy do it right about 20 times in a row we get up in from of our Master instructor to demonstrate it and the kid F’d it up.

dieselbp67 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >> > Personally, I can’t understand where he is coming > from. Having majored in electrical engineering > in college, I knew there was no way in hell I > would do that after I graduated! I guess it is fun as long as it remains a hobby. I’m sure if I had to do it as a job it would get pretty old.

> > > I guess it is fun as long as it remains a hobby. > I’m sure if I had to do it as a job it would get > pretty old. I give you credit, it was definitely a very difficult major for me, and I couldn’t bring myself to really enjoy any of the classes (except for Virtual Reality, a computer engineering class).