Wiley 11th Hour PM Mock Ethics Q2

I am starting to hate these minutia filled questions that are only written to trip us up. I often give myself extra points and consider the question right when I see things like this.

Using the CFA logo on letterhead - the way the question is laid out in the item set and then asked:

The company recently hired Tara Hamilton, CFA, as a portfolio manager. Upon receiving her acceptance letter, Millhart instructs the Human Resources department to order business cards and letterhead for Hamilton based on the template that the company uses for its employees. On her first day of work, Hamilton receives the business cards and letterhead displaying her name and designation along with the CFA logo.

Is Bluewave in compliance with the CFA Institute Standards by using the CFA logo on Hamilton’s business cards and the company letterhead?

There’s no real clear distinction if this is company letterhead or individual letterhead. I went with company letterhead because “order business cards and letterhead for Hamilton based on the template that the company uses for its employees” If you agreed with me, you’d be wrong. The best part is EOC 47 of the CFA curriculum is essentially the same description, but there it is a violation. I like Wiley’s teaching, but their questions…drive me freaking insane…

ok, venting session over