Will CFA provide me what I wanted?

I recently graduated with a MFE but I didn’t get the job I wanted, I still work in quant dev for a top tier IB. My ideal position will be asset management /risk management. What should I do to rectify the expensive mistake? I probably should get a MBA in the first place. OR I could continue with my CFA ( I cleared Level II). What is better option for me? I am deep in debts right now, I am unwilling to go for MBA unless it is the last resort. Also, If I stay in quant development longer, would I end up stuck? – unable to move out of technology later?

I think you should stay in your role, build a network, and then make a jump. you have level 2 done, that is an excellent step forward. and the MFE with a CFA charter should be enough. if you dont build a netowork on your own over the next 12-24 months, then I would check out an MBA program in your area.

What did you want to do with your MFE degree in the first place? They do quant stuff. That’s what the degree trains people for. There are also some MFE that get trading jobs, but I think most of the jobs are for quant development?