Will my work experience count?

I work in a big 4 firm alongside the chief economist, who previously was at a major investment bank as their chief economist. My work mainly includes conducting research on macroeconomic issues and developing our the economic outlook by analysing 1) economic data from official releases, 2) asset prices in financial markets, and 3) monetary policy. Our end users are clients (internal and external), some policymakers and the media, and not investors. Will my work experience count towards relevant work experience for obtaining the charter? Does adding value to corporate decision making (i.e their strategy on investing, leverage etc) count towards investment decision making? Please help!

Should rephrase your experience to sounds like one of the LOS. Feel that the above is just too general.

thanks bell99, I will tie this in with the L3 LOS related to capital market expectations. Should I look at L1 and L2 LOS too. And, so, not having investors as your clients isn’t a problem?

Clients? Many fund managers do not have any ‘clients’ as they manage their portfolio according to the given mandate.

yes use l1 and l2 as well

thanks CFA Jay Fund Managers’ end users (or clients) are still investors, but for me, that’s the big problem. I don’t know what I should write to relate my work experience to the investment decision making process. Our research informs our clients’ corporate strategy and decision making, but unlike that of economists sitting in banks, it does not feed into investors’ decision making. But the work is more or less the same. Does anyone see any problems?

Your report goes to someone. That someone is your client. Likely is your boss.

flyingkolours Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks CFA Jay > > Fund Managers’ end users (or clients) are still > investors, but for me, that’s the big problem. I > don’t know what I should write to relate my work > experience to the investment decision making > process. Our research informs our clients’ > corporate strategy and decision making, but unlike > that of economists sitting in banks, it does not > feed into investors’ decision making. But the work > is more or less the same. Does anyone see any > problems? I’m interested in this as well as I am soon to move into a Financial Analyst role which deals primarily with corporate strategic decision making. i know this is a necropost but hope someone can shed some light? thanks.