Will the SEC ban going long when the next bubble comes?

Just thinking…

Shorts get such a bad name. Who was blowing the whistle during the dot com bubble? We had literature from one dotcom claiming they were the first trillion dollar company despite the fact they had zero positive earnings. This would have been a quick 300% run based on nothing.

Interesting…

No, i think they will ban selling first before they ban long.

Unlikely, since - bubble or not - officials like to equate a booming stock market with “the economy is strong under my watch.”

Yeah, more likely they’ll just ban outright all selling. Kinda like Pakistan…

I think they should just eliminate risk. Or at least officially tell us what the official price of risk is.

An aweful amount of reactionary and populism policies. Doesn’t make free market sense. But it serves well to cover policitian’s ass. It just brews bigger problems down the road.

I was more getting at the point that if there is regulation on the downside, it could have all been avoided if the government would have stepped in when the market was tolerating corrupt lending practices. I am not favoring that, I am just not ok with looking the other way as long as people are making money in the market and then stepping in when the bubble bursts. It just means that the reasons WHY this has happenend won’t be addressed…