Windsor/Live classes?

Did anyone take any of Schweser’s one-week programs and if so, was it worth the time/money? Trying to figure out what I can do differently next time around and weighing my options… if they just read notes to you the entire time then I’m probably not interested but if you really get something out of it then it might be worthwhile.

I did the Dallas 5 day for Level I and Level II both sucessful passes. I am going to do again for Level III. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Where can you get information on the 5 day classes?

What was the content like? Was it just a general broad overview or did they delve into some of the harder topics? What did you like about it? http://www.schweser.com/cfa/products/all_study_products.php?new_level=cfa2 Click on any of the names for more info.

I went to wondsor for L2 last year and I thought it was great-except the guy they had for derivitives sucked. the accounting guy was John Harris, CFA FSA legend. I thought it was very useful plus the timing is right and it gives you a week away to immerse in CFA-I called it nerd camp. It was fun in a nerd way. But-I did not pass L2. (f-ing derivatives) I will likely go again though because it is an excellent review… They covered all topics except ethics. Let me know if any other questions-

Interesting, because derivatives is my weakest area and I was really hoping for help on that. I know everyone loves John Harris but honestly accounting was the easiest part of the exam for me so I don’t really need help there…

I’d go anyway Aimee, I took the toronto 3 day classes and without that I would not be anywhere near the level 10 band (I would be much much lower). I’m going to take it again this year because it is an amazing review.

I was there as well…the Deriviatives person will NOT be there next year…he had too many complaints from Attendees. He just read from the notes…useless. I will attend next year as well. Unfortuantely for L2 again

Are you guys footing the bill for this yourselves or is your company paying for it? If my company covered it I would go in a heartbeat, but it will be coming out of my own pocket, on top of the week’s worth of vacation time I’d have to take. (Luckily, I get three weeks… but still.)

The most important point of that seminar is to take a week a month before the exam and go through a complete review… I found that aspect extremely helpful…

flounder Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I went to wondsor for L2 last year and I thought > it was great-except the guy they had for > derivitives sucked. the accounting guy was John > Harris, CFA FSA legend. I thought it was very > useful plus the timing is right and it gives you a > week away to immerse in CFA-I called it nerd camp. > It was fun in a nerd way. But-I did not pass L2. > (f-ing derivatives) I will likely go again though > because it is an excellent review… > They covered all topics except ethics. Let me > know if any other questions- I went to Windsor as for L2 as well, and I have to agree with you, the derivatives guy is pretty terrible. I almost felt a little sorry for him, with the outrage that people are blatantly displaying. But on the flip side of the coin, those that went spent good money, and considering the exams were something like a month away from the seminar, naturally everyone wants things to go as smoothly as possible. With all that said, I thought that the Windsor program was well worth it. I didn’t really wanted to go initially, even though my company were supporting it, as I thought it might be a waste of resource and I could do just as well studying by myself. And boy, were I glad that I went. The instructors were fantastic, and what was most important to me is how they highlighted out sections that were likely to be tested and which are not, as well as giving study strategies.

I went to windsor for L2 as well and also thought it awesome. Unfortunately like the others to post above, i also failed. The derivatives guy was bad, but i doubt he’ll be back. And in fairness he followed Andrew Holmes and John Harris–tough act to follow. Despite my failure it was worth the money. Not sure if i’ll go back this year. I was so damn close to passing that i think i should be able to get over the hump without going to windsor. We’ll see how i’m feeling then.

I also went to level 2 and passed, the course I thought was very helpful, good profesors, good timing and a full week to inmerse yourself in the material.

I did a Schweser 3 day + John Harris…that combo was enough for me.