Wireless technology?

Don’t remember the other choices and barely remember the Q (something about what move will make the other firms more profitable too). All I know is i put C) wirless technology

suppliers

me 2.

Yeah suppliers would help them the most.

suppliers- asked about WHOLE INDUSTRY.

i put c also, wireless for growth.

yeah i put suppliers… it’ll lower bargaining power of suppliers

nope that is temporary as others imitate…needed to do a production line with lots-o-suppliers…at least that is what I put.

by suppliers you mean standardized inputs?

Yeah it was suppliers… moving to standardized inputs --> improve profitability

yes def standardized inputs (suppliers)

what was the other option?

well if you move to standardized parts how is that improving the profitability of the industry as a whole - do you think light bulb makers are more profitable because it is standardized. wireless tech had low barriers so that will cut into profits IMO - it should be technology to lift overall industry profits

i think that there are a few different versions of the test, I remember the same for LI last december. We were discussing that same question during the break and for me it definitely asked what would benefit the company not the industry. My buddy had the industry question. For the company it was Technology For the industry it was standardized suppliers.

chowder, not the product, but the suppliers. Standardized inputs reduces supplier power Technology in itself affects the forces, but it’s a factor, not a force

i chose new technology. the questions says that “fleeting factor will fade away soon…” something like that. implying wireless fever will not last. According to those economic theories we learned, new technologies will lift up the whole industry’s profitability. So I chose A) New Tech.

GUYS - THERE WERE TWO DIFFERENT EXAMS AND THIS QUESTION WAS DIFFERENT ON THE EXAMS. ONE EXAM ASKED ABOUT THE INDUSTRY AND THE OTHER ABOUT THE COMPANY. MAKE SURE YOU REFERENCE WHICH YOU WERE ANSWERING. I HAD THE COMPANY ONE WHICH I PUT TECHNOLOGY.

i had industry and put technology lol

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > chowder, not the product, but the suppliers. > Standardized inputs reduces supplier power > > Technology in itself affects the forces, but it’s > a factor, not a force +1 correct answer.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Technology in itself affects the forces, but it’s > a factor, not a force AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! THEY ASKED FORCES???