With Moderate Drinking Under Fire, Alcohol Companies Go on Offensive

Yeah, but I agree with what he’s saying, it’s far more prevalent and cultural in the UK because you don’t have the “die off”.

Curious what the good AF people’s weekly averages are. My money is on STL for the highest average. I heard he crushed 76 beers on a Boston to Seattle flight this one time.

Mine is probably <0.5.

Five or more drinks in one sitting is considered binge drinking.

isn’t the main goal not to prove that drinking is healthful but to prove that it is not super unhealthy? it’s not like i’m going to force myself to drink 2-5 per day because i’m hoping it will extend my life by 1 year or something. but if i can conclude based on decades of research that moderate drinking will not drastically shorten my life, pass me a beer. pretty much all studies conclude that light and moderate drinking is not going to shorten your life while some go further and say light and moderate drinking is healthful. i care much more about the former.

I’ll go hot or cold. Weeks without really drinking then I’ll do a kayaking trip and down an average of 15-20 beers in a long day.

Yeah, but Yanks drink bud lite. That’s one peg of normal beer.

I’ve heard that people in Boston are good drinkers.

I’ve found rounds in NYC problematic as everyone drinks pretty slowly. And what’s the deal with the anti round crowd? One guy from the office took some sort of moral issue with rounds like by offering to buy him a drink I’d insulted him. it’s not like it’s a legally binding obligation, if you don’t get me one back that night just buy me a pint another time. That’s when I learned that in the US it’s frowned upon to call a coworker a cunt.

On the plus side, you can drink at sporting events which is nice. and people even bring it to you!

Our die off just happens at 50. either from cirrhosis from the drinking or heart disease from all the deep fried food we eat because we’re constantly shitfaced

Won’t argue with that.

You just need a different group for sure. There’s a large number in NYC that will go hard and buy rounds.

Bud 5.0 Xxxx bitter 4.6 Bud light 4.2 Xxxx gold 3.5 I actually like the Australian light beers. In the twos as far as ABV. Great for all day consumption. Interesting though how so much misinformation gets disseminated to the low information person.

Guiness 4.3%

Miller Lite 4.2%

Carlton Draught 4.6%

Not as big of a difference as people think. The light beers just go down easier and don’t fill you up on a hot day.

Now Canadian (esp Montreal) and Belgium beers are a different story.

You hangout with the wrong Yanks.