Withdrawing from CFA Dec08 Exam

I have decided not to sit for the CFA December 2008 Exam due to poor preparation. CFA Exam requires discipline and consistency in covering the curriculum and i feel that i have not kept these two aspects in check. Is there any point in sitting for an exam that you know very well you have not prepared well for? Are they any people on this forum in similar situation or who would advise me to go ahead and register for the exam?

Just remember: “Your ballroom days are over, baby”

If you did not register yet, and feel like you don’t have the time or cannot be consistent, then don’t register. If you registered already for December, 2008, do whatever you can and keep going, at least you’ll experience the exam setting.

I considered sitting the June exam instead of Dec08, there are a few things to consider 1 - you loose your cash, you have to pay again for the exam in June 2 - I think you get new textbooks and there might be some changes between 08 / 09 I’ve decided to go with Dec08 and just study really hard, there is still plenty time between now and then.

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you did not register yet, and feel like you > don’t have the time or cannot be consistent, then > don’t register. > > If you registered already for December, 2008, do > whatever you can and keep going, at least you’ll > experience the exam setting. Thank you all for your advice. considering that i have recently changed job role into one thats so demanding both physically and interlectually not to mention that i am running behind budget on revenue and my appraisal will reflect this…i want to take care of my job first then deal with CFA I in june 09, CFA II in june 010 then CFA III in june 011. trying to sit now feels like rushing my adjustment to current situation.

I chose not to sit for the June 08 exam because I only had a month to study. on the plus side, it helped me to get a head start on the material for this go around.