Without referring to your notes (economics)......

1. In what growth theory do we find a reference to the opportunity cost of working to women? 2) Give me a formula to calculate a forward bid rate.
  1. Neoclassical growth theory 2. Stumped on this one. But If I am to blind guess I would use the normal formula with the spot (bid) rate.

Well done sir on 1. I’ll post the answer to 2 if nobody else does in 30 minutes.

spot bid domestic bid foreign offer dc/fc

Indeed. Where currencies are quoted F:D Forward Bid = Spot bid * (1+Domestic Bid Interest Rate)/1+Foreign Ask Interest Rate)

Can you provide an explanation for 1?

Neoclassical growth theorists hold that economic growth is independent of population growth (as opposed to classical theorists). Neoclassical theorists believe that population growth is a function of the opportunity cost of women to work, where an increase in this cost leads to more women working and thus lower birth rates. Population growth is also effected by improvements in healthcare and thus lower death rates.

soddy1979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Neoclassical growth theorists hold that economic > growth is independent of population growth (as > opposed to classical theorists). Neoclassical > theorists believe that population growth is a > function of the opportunity cost of women to work, > where an increase in this cost leads to more women > working and thus lower birth rates. Population > growth is also effected by improvements in > healthcare and thus lower death rates. Thanks.

Here’s one for ya: 1. How do you get market prices from factor cost? 2. Differentiate between the International Fischer relation and Relative Purchasing Power Parity.

1. Factor cost + taxes - subsidies = market price 2. International Fisher relation measures expected change in inflation rate to the difference between the two countries’ nominal interest rates for that time. while Relative PPP measures the inflation rate in each country to the change in the market exchange rate

Idreesz, nicely done. Remember a key thing about Int’l Fischer relation is that it assumes the real exchange rate is constant. Assuming that, a change in the interest rate is completely explained by a change in the inflation rate.