Woman loses $1 million mattress - poetic justice?

Probably the daughter found the money and stashed it somewhere else. She then threw away the mattress and now is going through the motions of having lost it. The police will watch her over the next several months. Her impatience will undo her.

In the USA, this is looked at as a very foolish idea since everyone here knows one could earn interest in a savings account which would protect the principal and some buying power. In other countries banks are not as reliable. Corruption is common which leads the public to distrust financial institutions.

Come on. I don’t beleive it. she probably lost investing in Lehman. There are several other scenarios that would cause her to lose it… fire, death (unless your will states its in the mattress), are just some of the things that could have happened. $10-20K ok, but $1MM? it’s a hoax. I call BS.

agreed hoax. NEXT!!

i thought these guys are supposed to be good with money

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i thought these guys are supposed to be good with > money Tell it to Bernie Madoff.

so now JTLD is a racist and an anti-Semite?

Man, this is like rain on your wedding day or a free ride when you’ve already paid or something.

eureka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Man, this is like rain on your wedding day or a > free ride when you’ve already paid or something. -1

That’s 10,000 $100 bills…no way!

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In the USA, this is looked at as a very foolish > idea since everyone here knows one could earn > interest in a savings account which would protect > the principal and some buying power. > > In other countries banks are not as reliable. > Corruption is common which leads the public to > distrust financial institutions. While this may be true, the USA has also the dumpest people on earth. Yes, smartest and dumpest.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > While this may be true, the USA has also the > dumpest people on earth. Yes, smartest and > dumpest. define dumpest please.

i thought he was trying to keep up with the irony theme

Poetic Justic? No Stupidity Rewarded? Maybe WTF is dumpest?

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In the USA, this is looked at as a very foolish > idea since everyone here knows one could earn > interest in a savings account which would protect > the principal and some buying power. > Not entirely true since there for a while we had a negative yield on treasuries.

He said savings account, so yes it is entirely true. I don’t know any bank that delivered a negative savings or money market rate except for those idiots that broke the buck.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > While this may be true, the USA has also the > dumpest people on earth. Yes, smartest and > dumpest. When you’ve got the world’s 3rd largest population, you’re going to have a considerable share of the world’s "everything"est people.

the US Govt is throwing more money away than that every day…

The mattress wallet http://www.themattresswallet.com