Work as financial advisor-rejected....really

I viewed my application status and saw that my work as a financial advisor was not approved as needed more detail. Really?? Was allocation accounts, doing IPS’s, making investment choices and going over their total investment picture not investment related?? Frustrating after you pass the exams after a total of 6 attempts and financial advisor position rejected… Come on mannnnn…

Dude, this happened to me. Rewrite it eloquently, use some CFA curriculum buzz-words, tie in some work experience to a specific LOS or two, and resubmit. I called CFAI when mine was rejected and was told that they farm that part out to some service. Chances are it is someone that doesnt have investment experience that is trained to identify certain things you glossed over.

I made sure that I used the phrase “…to assist clients with the investment decision-making process” (or something like that) in addition to the verb-direct object descriptions of my experience. It should be obvious without it but why leave it to chance?

Maybe you should just paste the CFA work experience definition and see what happens: “I evaluate or apply financial, economic, and/or statistical data as part of the investment decision-making process involving securities or similar investments, which includes, but is not limited to, publicly traded and privately placed stocks, bonds, and mortgages and their derivatives; commodity-based derivatives and mutual funds; and other investment assets, such as real estate and commodities, if these other investment assets are held as part of a diversified, securities-oriented investment portfolio.”

Thanks for responses. The guy @ CFA was in disbelief after reading what I put and told me he called the department while I was on hold for about 5 minutes. I then had to email cmservices and reference the lady who he had talked to so that it would be expedited after I resubmit. I will call tomorrow to annoy them if not Crazy thing is I did not get an email regarding the rejection. we will see, but I guess the moral of the story is check up on your application as CFA institute may not give you the common courtesy of letting you know .

I got it approved today. Should be all set. I see I know have 53 months approved, but I am now in Under Review - Society (both DFW society and normal) - -45 Decision Days Remaining I take it this is when its official and this could be sooner than 45 days? I would appreciate any suggestions

I have a question if you need to resubmit the work detail , need you contact your sponsors again and need them fill the sponsor form again?

goodman2011 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have a question if you need to resubmit the work > detail , need you contact your sponsors again and > need them fill the sponsor form again? Nope. Not needed. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,1298610

Thanks.

Do you need to pay something to submit your work experience ? If yes, do you need to pay again if you need to resubmit it (if rejected) ? I am just a level III candidate but I am curious about that

You do not need to pay anything to submit work experience, but you need 2 sponsors to start process. I would do it now instead of waiting till you pass. Watch your submission as they never email you and let you know status.

Thank you for your answer miles1629. I have only one year of experience until now. I think I will start the process in two years

miles1629 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got it approved today. Should be all set. I > see I know have 53 months approved, but I am now > in Under Review - Society (both DFW society and > normal) - > > -45 Decision Days Remaining > > I take it this is when its official and this could > be sooner than 45 days? > > I would appreciate any suggestions Anyone know how long it takes for the dfw society to approve? I finally got the okay from cfa on the work experience but now have to wait “up to 45 days” for the local society decision…just getting anxious and wondering if it actually takes another 45 days…

I also had Financial Advisor experience rejected with a similar description. I described developing IPS, asset allocation etc. on my first revision and rejected again…didn’t make sense to me either. Thankfully they accepted 55 months of other positions I have held so I won’t bother to re-submit. Is there any advantage to having more hours accepted if you are already over 48?

no, as long as you have 48 hrs it’s fine. financial advisor? hmmm… more like a CFP designiation application = P

hours or months??? if only 48 hours were enough!!! (and how much studying do you do for those 48 hours? :slight_smile: )

48 hours is OK for the CPR designation.

I had mine rejected too but on the second go I got mine done. On the first time I actually documented over 48 months of acting as an RIA with full discretion, wtf. I did a thread on this last month and “Paraguy” helped me out. If you want I can e-mail you what I used on Monday.

cpepin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had mine rejected too but on the second go I got > mine done. On the first time I actually > documented over 48 months of acting as an RIA with > full discretion, wtf. I did a thread on this last > month and “Paraguy” helped me out. If you want I > can e-mail you what I used on Monday. johnnyboy.greer@gmail.com - would like to take a look as im in the same boat

i submitted my work experience mid-july and it was recently approved…so about 6 weeks for me