Work Experience Approved!!!

Oh yeah!!!

How can you confirm if your work experience is approved? Where does it show this?

hi HarryBuffowitz, I am wondering how long does it take them to approve your working experience after you have submitted everything (including sponsor form)? thanks!

Brown - I couldn’t find it on the website anywhere so I emailed cmservices@cfainstitute.org. They emailed back saying that my membership was upgraded from affiliate to regular. siushun - I was already an affiliate member so it only took a few weeks for them to get back to me. I think it might take up to 10 weeks otherwise.

Harry…thanks, I keep reading that people have certain months of work experience accepted, and I don’t know where to see that…I had seen somehwhere that my status was affiliate, I updated my work experience, but now I can’t find anything anywhere… Thanks for the advice, I"ll email them again.

HarryBuffowitz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Brown - I couldn’t find it on the website anywhere > so I emailed cmservices@cfainstitute.org. They > emailed back saying that my membership was > upgraded from affiliate to regular. > > siushun - I was already an affiliate member so it > only took a few weeks for them to get back to me. > I think it might take up to 10 weeks otherwise. Does this mean you can use the letters? They said that they were upgrading my status and all pieces were in place.

You need to wait for the email, or letter (I forget), that says you’ve been awarded the charter in order to use the letters.

Contact Information Complete Member Society Selection Stamford CFA Society PCS and Member’s Agreement Complete Work Experience 52 Months Submitted, 0 Months Accepted (After work experience is entered, there may be a brief delay before this box is checked.) Sponsors Complete So Painful, the wait!!!

Where did you go for that good guy?

go to candidate login in, and log in Click the link below where it says “Passed Level 3, find out what to do next” in the bottom right. Click the link on the top of the page that says apply online. Click the begin application link at the bottom. There you go.

Why would you join the Stamford CFA Society? They can’t even be bothered to update their website: www.stamfordcfa.org .

I wasn’t an affliate member, and it took a week for them to approve work experience after I submitted my application. What is the process now, how long before I officially get the email to become a member of cfai?

dieselbp67, I am in the same situation and I have the same question. It took them 3 or 4 days to approve my working experience after my sponsors had submitted sponsor forms. Waiting for the letter from CFAI … not sure abt the process.

excerpt from a letter my local society sent me yesterday: *Note to Current Regular Members: If you are already a Regular Member, you need not take any further action at this time. Starting in mid-September, CFA Institute will begin awarding charters to charter-pending individuals who have met all requirements. A confirmation/ congratulatory letter will be sent within a week to ten days after the first “graduation.” The graduation process will then take place each week and letters of confirmation mailed. Please note that you may NOT use the CFA designation until you receive your written confirmation letter. The charter itself will then be mailed directly to your preferred address by CFA Institute by mid-January.

dlhdang Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dieselbp67, I am in the same situation and I have > the same question. It took them 3 or 4 days to > approve my working experience after my sponsors > had submitted sponsor forms. Waiting for the > letter from CFAI … not sure abt the process. I am not a member of NYSSA (the NYC member society) and I am wondering how long that process takes. I thought the work experience was the hurdle that would take the most time.

I have a question for you guys I have only been at my current job for about 2 years and I am worried about whether or not they will approve my work experience. Can I submit my 2 years to them and see if they will approve it so far, because I do not want to wait another 2 years and find out that I have to get another job and wait another 4 years to get my charter. Also, sorry but I have no idea to actually submit the experience. Can anybody help me out? Thanks in advance