Work Experience Issues

The majority of my work experience has been rejected due to too little information twice now. I submitted a third try this morning. I’m confident that everything fits their requirements, but I don’t know what else to write. Is anyone else having the same issue, or am I just being lazy in my descriptions?

Congratulations, you passed!

If you post what you submittted we might be able to help you out.

Thanks for offering to help. Below is what I submitted today. The bullets are basically the same. Be brutal. I want to get this straightened out. I really appreciate it. Institutional Sales •Provide details on investments, portfolio strategy, economic outlook, and financial outlook to clients, potential clients, and consultants •Monitor and analyze competitors in the investment universe to uncover new business opportunities •Analyze investment managers on various platforms •Regularly review client investment policy statements to ensure appropriate investment strategy is in place •Participate in portfolio management committee meetings •Assist in the production of portfolio commentary, market outlooks, and other forms of written marketing materials National Account Manager •Provide details on investments, portfolio strategy, economic outlook, and financial outlook to clients, potential clients, and consultants •Analyze investment managers on various platforms •Make investment strategy recommendations based on the platform analysis •Recommend various investment strategies to financial advisors based on their clients’ risk and return objectives •Monitor and analyze competitors in the investment universe to uncover new business opportunities

All I have to say is that if your experience doesnt count, then no way in hell is mine going to count. You just bitc*slapped my experience , backhand with a 4 fingered ring on. Are you sure it was the experience they stated that was’nt relevant and maybe you didnt get the correct 2 people to authorize/sponsor you? Did you know that now you need 2 cfa charterholders from your local socitey I believe?

i dont think there is anything wrong with the experience but it does read a bit vague. I think what they want you to do is to explain in more detail how your job relates to investments. for example, “Provide details on investments, portfolio strategy, economic outlook, and financial outlook to clients, potential clients, and consultants” maybe you could tell them what details you provided. for example, you could say, i studied the balance sheet and financial statements of clients to calculate key ratios that helped us gauge the financial strength of the client. this helped us in helping the client restructure there capital structure. etc.

How they select what is qualified work exp is ridic. I submitted work exp when i worked in fund admin at an IB and they accepted it, which i admit is not involved in the inv dec making process. My current work exp as a controller/operating officer for a hedge fund was rejected. doesnt make any sense, i sit two doors down from the portfolio managers and consult with them daily. Maybe i didnt specify it clearly enough, i have resubmitted…lets see what they say

I never heard back from them on work exp. Is that a bad sign?

Harry, Check out this link on the CFA website. It provides some example of acceptable vs not acceptable work experience descriptions. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/charterholder/membership/work_descriptions.html

Thanks!

thank goodness I got in when the titles, responsibilities and years weren’t well defined. Yet, it is stressful when I submitted everything on got zero months returned. Yet, I don’t think they calculate the months until all of your recommendations and bosses recommendation are in.