Work Experience?

I have an offer for a Pricing Analyst position at JP Morgan. Does any of you know if this position will count as acceptable work experience for the CFA Charter? Pricing Analyst must do the following: Learn how to use various pricing systems such as Remote Plus from IDC and Bloomberg to find prices on all securities such as bonds, options, futures, equities, etc. Understand the effect that changes in prices and other data elements have on the market value of an account and be sensitive to these changes. Have general knowledge of security characteristics and market dynamics and how these entities affect the pricing of a security. Communicate with vendors of prices and resources as well as customers within the company concerning pricing issues with a knowledgeable tone. Research securities with hard to find prices and escalate issues to management when appropriate. Perform daily review of pricing exception reporting on missing and stale securities prices and price variances resulting in significant market value changes. Facilitate systemic new product development while liaising with both systems development and clients to ensure accurate and automated processes.

I dont think that the pricing data collection and analysing has anything to do with the investment decision making or anyways influencing the decision to make investment. As per CFA ( my understanding) 50% of ur work time should be towards a role in evaluating an investment or suggesting/ helping in investment decisions. Check out if u can grab a similar opportunities. Good luck!

CFAI will accept your pricing work experience. I am currently work as P & L Analyst and worked as fund accountant before, and CFAI accepted all my work experience. Title is not important, depends on how you write your job description. You need to write down the key words. If CFAI doesn’t accept, you always can appeal.

Would you mind sharing how you phrased you fund accounting experience? I had my fund accounting experience reject, it wasn’t much but I’d still like it to count. tysong Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAI will accept your pricing work experience. I > am currently work as P & L Analyst and worked as > fund accountant before, and CFAI accepted all my > work experience. Title is not important, depends > on how you write your job description. You need to > write down the key words. If CFAI doesn’t accept, > you always can appeal.

I have 3 years work experience…appearing for L3 in 2009. Would it make sense for me to submit my current job description…my only thing is what if I change my job between now and June 09?

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Would you mind sharing how you phrased you fund > accounting experience? I had my fund accounting > experience reject, it wasn’t much but I’d still > like it to count. > > Make sure you use some key words such as “evaluate”, " performed…",“use bloomberg …” “assist fund manager to make investment decision” etc.

use CFA curriculum buzzwords, like Computed NPV. Used Coverage Ratios to evaluate whether to do X, Y, or Z. Used regression techniques to A, B, C… Projected cash flows. Evaluated Risk. Helped diversify (and analyze effects)

Thanks guys