Work in embassy or CFO in a medical company

It seams that i am in a situation where I can choose between a CFO position in a small medical company 9 employees, or a job in an embassy. I have a letter of recommendation from the foreign ministry to the embassy, which very likely will give me a job, however, I do not know exactly which position I will get. Here is the problem, I will not be able to send the letter of recommendation to the person in charge of staff before the date i have to decide about the CFO position. (Its two days from now, and im in another city.) Does anyone have any pros or cons, what would you choose, in the perspective of a person who really wants to handle valuepapers?

(Now studying for CFA LVL II, graduated master of finance and accounting.)

Which embassy?

This was discussed in a CFA vs. Embassy thread.

Is the small medical company public? Will they give you stock options? If not, I’d go with the embassy deal.

The medical company does not give stock options. Its mainly routine accounting, quite monotonous. The pro:s and con:s are from my perspective At the medical company Pros: *Secure job *Relevant job experience for later positions *Ill improve my skills in two more languages *The owner of the company has arranged housing. Cons: *Not that high salary *The job is not in the capitol *The housing arrangements requires daily commuting At the embassy Pros: *Diplomatic plates? *Housing provided by the embassy, in the best part of the capitol. *Networking with exporters and importers, possible later clients? *More job opportunities for my husband, in the capitol Cons: *Questionable salary I dint know which position i will get, nor what kind of salary *Not improving my other languages. Do you have any other possible pros or cons, you can think of?? When applying for another job, within finance, which of theese two options will look best on the cv? (That might of course be difficoult to answer, since which position ill get in the embassy is uncertain)

Must be tiered, sorry for spelling capital wrong on several occasions

nitoha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Must be tiered, sorry for spelling capital wrong > on several occasions I expect similar apologies for using the wrong form of the word seems and using the word tiered instead of tired above.

I wouldn’t think any position at an embassy would be of much value at all for possible future positions in finance.

Dont you think that networkin there would be an advantage? Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wouldn’t think any position at an embassy would > be of much value at all for possible future > positions in finance.

First go and check what’s the position in the embassy, and which embassy is that and where it is located. It’s hard to advise now. Networking is not available for all embassy clerks, especially if that’s not a diplomatic position (and I guess it’a not)

WOW ! A woman ! that can be a blacksawn …

Yes, I guess it possibly could, though as someone else pointed out that would probably depend quite a bit on what the job was (and most embassy jobs probably wouldn’t necessarily be great for networking). nitoha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dont you think that networkin there would be an > advantage? > > Captain Windjammer Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I wouldn’t think any position at an embassy > would > > be of much value at all for possible future > > positions in finance.