Work Shirts

I just figured it was obvious. 90% of my shirts are BB. It’s nice they do the slim fit. Had to tailor the hell out of them for a while.

I find that if I let non-iron dress shirts dry on hangers rather than in the dryer, most will not need ironing. If I put them in the dryer, they do need it.

I found a cheap place to launder shirts, so often I just take them there. It’s relatively rare that I need a fully pressed shirt, so can get away with something that’s just hung dry, but leave one or two shirts fresh from the launderer in case something comes up where I need more

My bigger issue is that my arms are long, so the off-the-shelf shirts are usually slightly short in the arms unless I get them obscenely big on other dimensions. I swore a long time ago never to buy a length 34/35 shirt again, and look for 36 length arms, but then I found that there was almost nothing to choose from. So often I just put up with the fact that the arms are a little short. I guess I should get some tattoos to show off on my wrists if I’m going to have slightly short sleeves…

I guess it may be time to try one of the bespoke places.

wow 36

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assZ9bcucmQ]

If I buy an off the rack shirt, it’ll be a 39 or 40 in the sleeve, but the problem there is finding one that doesn’t have a 20+ inch neck. I’m able to dress pretty casually most days, so I wear a lot of 2XLT or 3XLT oxfords and then just do a nice roll on the sleeves. Gives my outfit the sociopath politician mingling with the common folk vibe.

This is true. Plus dryer is harsh on and damages clothes.

Username checks out.

what’s wall street oasis?

Which one is that?

It’s one of the largest finance forums. I’ve spent very little time there. Seems like a lot of pikers.

Back in the day(age 18-21) I use to get all my shirts from Macys. However being 6’1 with a 80 inch wingspan and 31 inch waist made finding good fitting shirts of the rack a hard find. Now 90% of my shirts come from Express. Guys hate on the store but I’ve yet to find a brand that makes extra slim work shirts with extra long sleeves straight off the rack. However now that I’m in my thirties, I may need to find a brand that caters more to my age.

Peter Parvez (http://www.peterparvez.ca/). Quality is pretty good for the price point, and they honour their groupon pricing even after the deal is over (ie 3 shirts/$139).

I do this with my Brooks Brothers slim fit non-irons, (no front pockets Greenie). Hang dry then quick ironing. I have a 10 shirt rotation so I only have to iron for one Family Guy episode every two weeks or so. BB is usually on sale once a season so you can get a nice durable shirt for about 50$CAD. My first generation of shirts are starting to wear out at about 5 years so they do have a good useful life.

The classic soft cotton shirts are really comfortable and breathable, but I don’t want to deal with the ironing. Those are kept for special occasions.

What do you guys normally pay for a tailored shirt compared to something off the rack? Here in Vancouver there’s a company Samson Wardrobes that does full custom Suits and custom bespoke and shirt at affordable prices the name of person is Steve and his team,Gr eat and experience person

MACY’s OSH KOSH MAGOSH BLACK FRIDAY SALE:

https://www.macys.com/shop/mens-clothing/black-friday-doorbusters/Mens_product_type/Dress%20Shirts|Ties?id=53704&cm_sp=c2_1111US_browse_men-black-friday-doorbusters-_-row1-_-flex_static_1_50%-off-select-dress-shirts-%26-ties-from-calvin-klein%2C-tommy-hilfiger-%26-more

I find that shirts from Suitsupply fit me well enough with no alterations. Good value at $79-$99 as my tailor’s shirts start at $225