Working experience approved

My timeline went like this. Resubmitted my work experience to CFAI. (took them 12 days to approve) Submitted to Local society that meets 1x per month. (2-3 days for approval got lucky that it was around the time they were meeting) Paid my dues. After paying my dues I was able to see the member directory within 2 hours. Said gmofden, CFA. (still nervous and didn’t want to use without proper notification) Next day received the email from them saying I could use the designation.

CFA_TO Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just got the email saying membership has been > approved and “, CFA” has been added to my name on > the CFAI website. > Charter presentation is Jan 11 CFA_TO Same as me, the " L3 candidate" has been removed but not yet searchable in member directory/. How did you know about the January 11th? is this the CFAI award ceremony or the toronto CFA award dinner ? Will we be getting separate log in info for toronto cfa society website?

Iqh’m in the same boat. I’m in toronto and got my work experience approved. I paid my dues but I have not received anymore emails about when the ceremony is, my local society login info, or that I can use the CFA designation. I dont understand why the email confirmation to use the CFA designation is not automatically sent after you pay your regular membership dues

the Toronto CFA Society has the charter ceremony in January. You can check the site or apparently they will send out notices closer to the date. i just got approved yesterday by the Toronto society.

I phoned CFAI and they said my membership was activated yesterday after I paid the membership fees. Toronto CFA society can take up to two weeks before they email the invitation to the ceremony. Looking forward to seeing all the new CFA charter holders in January!

As I understand there should be 3 emails: 1) Email confirming acceptance of Regular Membership 2) Email outlining authority to use CFA mark 3) Email from society for award dinner ( could take 2 weeks) I want to know when we get #2 ?

#2 takes up to a few days (according to the person I spoke with at CFAI). Your best bet is to phone the next day after you pay your membership dues and sign the professional conduct statement. They will tell you right away if your authorized to use the designation.

cool thanks deep, did they say when/how we would obtain usernames/passwords for logging into the torontocfa website?

I think that information comes with the invitation email for the ceremony. I’m not sure though. As long as you can officially use the charter, the other info is not that critical.

Hi guys, congrats on getting your letters. It has been 15 days since I submitted my application to upgrade to a regular membership and it’s still under review. At what point do I start calling the society? This wait is excruciating!!!.

Kevin, Are you still waiting for work experience approval? If so it could take a while since they are slammed with applications since results came out. I submitted in July and they quoted me a few weeks, when I had to resubmit (adding more info) post results they quoted me 8 weeks. It took more like 6 then another 2 weeks for my local society to approve, which just happened yesterday.

IH8FSA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As I understand there should be 3 emails: > > 1) Email confirming acceptance of Regular > Membership > 2) Email outlining authority to use CFA mark > 3) Email from society for award dinner ( could > take 2 weeks) > > I want to know when we get #2 ? I still ahvent got my #2 email above saying I can use the CFA ??? I was approved on wednesday and paid my dues that day as well. It Says CFA on the member directory but I want that email !!!

Chi Paul, it took you 3 months to get the 3 letters added to your name? Now i’m worried about having to resubmit job experience. Did they tell you the reason that you had to resubmit?

kevin0118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Chi Paul, > > it took you 3 months to get the 3 letters added to > your name? Now i’m worried about having to > resubmit job experience. Did they tell you the > reason that you had to resubmit? Kevin, the reason why it takes so long is because first CFAI reviews your work experience THEN your local society reviews your work experience. The local societies meet once a month to review these so if you miss one of those meetings, you may have to wait a while. If CFAI rejects your work experience, you will have to resubmit and start the whole process over again. I had my work experience rejected twice before I got it approved. Both times it was because there was not enough information. For the third time I directly used LOS guidelines and directly applied them into my work experience. You literally have to explicitly show how it is related to what you studied in those 3 exams and don’t assume they will make any implicit connections.

Yeah, having to resubmit just after results came out added at least 6 weeks to the process. Had I done it right the first time (pre-results) it would have been much quicker. I would guess though, that things are slowing down for them.

As per last week, the turn around of work experience review at the CFAI was 3 weeks, then you must add the turn around at the local CFA chapter. In the UK chapter, it has been consistently 1-2 days!!!

Update: All 48 months of my job exp was approved. I submitted my app on Oct 1 and it was confirmed on the 18th (roughly 11 business days give or take). Now onto the 45 days of local society bureaucracy .

kevin0118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Update: All 48 months of my job exp was approved. > I submitted my app on Oct 1 and it was confirmed > on the 18th (roughly 11 business days give or > take). > > Now onto the 45 days of local society bureaucracy > . same for me here, resubmitted on October, 1st, approved by CFAI and waiting for french cfa society to approve it…

Got the permission to use the designation last night! Total wait time for local society to review my profile took less than 24 hrs.

kevin0118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Got the permission to use the designation last > night! > > Total wait time for local society to review my > profile took less than 24 hrs. you received the email permission just after the approval from your society?