Would it be wise...

To study from 2008 stalla material for L2. My buddy never opened the study guides or the videos/passmaster and has given this to me for free. Has there been a lot of changes to the material since 2008? thanks for any help.

Not as your only material. Personally I’m not a fan of using old material. But hey thats just me.

If you use that in conjunction with this year’s CFAI texts you’ll probably be fine; that being said, people get nervous enough having bought everything under the sun to study with - do you really want to add “outdated study material” to your list of worries in the last month? The piece of mind is well worth the fairly small amount of money, IMHO.

You’ll be fine with the older materials. If you fail it won’t be because you used 2008 materials.

Should’ve read “peace” as opposed to “piece” above; apologies.

Thanks for the response. I was planning on using it in conjunction with CFAI text, and i feel extremely lucky to have recieved the stalla material for free. Thanks again.

Let assume the following situation: you would study hard and do not take the test lightly and for some reasons your would be on border line. Do you want to spend another 620 USD+costs of new packages + another 200-400-600+hours of life, for just three failed questions which are new for 2010 and appeared on exam. Make Conclusion: the new material is likely to be tested as f…ng accrual ratios this year.

I plan on using mainly '09 Schweser material. Once the books arrive then I’ll take a day and go through each reading to see if any of the LOS differ. Those that do, I’ll study from the curriculum.

Delta1012 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You’ll be fine with the older materials. If you > fail it won’t be because you used 2008 materials. I disagree. Maybe if you combine them with the new CFAI texts then you could fill in the holes etc. But only depending on 08 notes is not a good idea as far as I’m concerened.

kevin.venanzi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I plan on using mainly '09 Schweser material. Once > the books arrive then I’ll take a day and go > through each reading to see if any of the LOS > differ. Those that do, I’ll study from the > curriculum. This sounds to me like a very good idea. Kevin, when you do this comparison, do you plan to make a soft copy excel sheet or something on the comparison? If yes, it would be great if you could share this comparison for others like me who could follow this strategy.

fordprefect Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kevin.venanzi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I plan on using mainly '09 Schweser material. > Once > > the books arrive then I’ll take a day and go > > through each reading to see if any of the LOS > > differ. Those that do, I’ll study from the > > curriculum. > > > This sounds to me like a very good idea. Kevin, > when you do this comparison, do you plan to make a > soft copy excel sheet or something on the > comparison? If yes, it would be great if you could > share this comparison for others like me who could > follow this strategy. Here are the combined CFA L2 LOS for 2009 and 2010: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3MU3CHHJ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y8W87OST

fordprefect Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kevin.venanzi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I plan on using mainly '09 Schweser material. > Once > > the books arrive then I’ll take a day and go > > through each reading to see if any of the LOS > > differ. Those that do, I’ll study from the > > curriculum. > > > This sounds to me like a very good idea. Kevin, > when you do this comparison, do you plan to make a > soft copy excel sheet or something on the > comparison? If yes, it would be great if you could > share this comparison for others like me who could > follow this strategy. Hey, I saw a link that another guy posted not too long ago with an LOS by LOS comparison of '09/'10. I created a separate thread for this since others could probably benefit from this info as well. It definitely saves me some time.