Would this work?

I see that a sportsbetting site has a 10% initial deposit bonus. Whats stopping me from putting down a bunch of money, earning 10% and then cashing out?

i know a dude that made 100G in a day off the boston rally from 0-7 to win in the playoffs. amazing

But what about what I’m proposing?

Read the fine print. Most likely you need to make some bets for the bonus to vest.

You can do that but they send Vinny to breaka you legs.

there are whole sites dedicated to these ideas. and i’d say it is pretty feasible. 10% bonus sounds pretty small. one problem is making sure you get paid, but choosing reputable ones will help alot (reputable ones though don’t offer 200%+ bonuses)… and yes, there will be a minimum turnover requirement.

So in Vegas they give out these coupon books (or at least they used to). The coupons are always complicated like you pay $5 for $10 chips but you have to bet the $10 chip on the Flamingo exclusive game “Shoot the Louie” and if you win you can keep whatever you win. So years ago armed with my very expensive and time-consuming probability education I went to Vegas, collected all of these coupon books, sat in my $19/night hotel room, and calculated which ones had a positive expected return. Then I went around Vegas making all the positive expected return bets. By the end of the day I was up some staggering sum of money like $13. I went to Crazy Horse and left it all in a stripper’s g-string. There are easier ways of making money than this kind of thing.

LOL thats awsome Joe!!

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > By the end of the > day I was up some staggering sum of money like > $13. I went to Crazy Horse and left it all in a > stripper’s g-string. There are easier ways of > making money than this kind of thing. Yeah, especially if you look good in a G-string… :wink:

A ton of my friends use to do on-line gambling when I was in college. Before the internet gambling ban, websites offer 10-25% bonuses, but the restriction was that you have to wager your entire bankroll before you can keep the bonus. So what we use to do was pool our money together and registrar with one person’s name. Then we hit up roulette, half the money on black and the other half on red. We’ll win, get back all the money + bonus, then re-sign-up with another person’s name and hit-up another website. The five of us started with a bankroll of ~4k and got all the way up to almost 11k in a couple of weeks, then one day it landed on green and we lost everything.

He he… I had a little arbitrage like that going… This small scale futures trading place said that if you registered, bought or sold at least $100 notional of (in this case binary) futures on something, they’d give you an iPod shuffle. So my girlfriend and I signed up, took opposite sides of the same binary future, and the winner reimbursed the loser. We both got iPod shuffles. Total costs = the transaction fees, which was $1 each. I still use the iPod shuffle.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- I went to Crazy Horse and left it all in a > stripper’s g-string. There are easier ways of > making money than this kind of thing. Why were you wearing a stripper’s G-string? I didn’t know they had pockets.

Austin12 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I see that a sportsbetting site has a 10% initial > deposit bonus. Whats stopping me from putting > down a bunch of money, earning 10% and then > cashing out? There will be some sort of play through requirement, meaning if you don’t bet XX amount, the bonus is forfeited. Back before the gambling bill was passed two years ago, there was a ton of +EV bonuses. Golden Palace had a 300% match of a 100 deposit with a 20x play through. They let you deposit in pounds too, so it had an expected value of more than 260 pounds playing blackjack. Mansion had an $1100 risk free NFL sports bet promo. You had to bet on Pittsburg, but if Pittsburg did not cover the spread you got your money back. If they won, you got $1000. So you could have hedged on another sports book for guarantee cash. I chose to gamble, and luckily Pits covered. I miss those days.