Would you be buying shares of AIG right now?

Anyone here think about buying shares of AIG? Does Greenberg’s interview on CNBC about half an hour ago change your opinion? Evidently it had a positive impact on market sentiment, but was wondering what you guys thought or what the buzz around your office has been like. AIG low today was $1.25 but shares are currently trading at $3.23.

I am sure a lot of the people were thinking the exact same thing when LEH as $3.5 on Friday. AIG will go Bankrupt.

AIG will ending like FNM and FRM

Too bad this will much worse for the market than LEH which was a toddler compared to AIG.

i missed the greenberg interview. what did the old man have to say, in a sentence or two?

I would rather bet on baseball or buy calls rather than have the possibility of losing the whole position (although I haven’t looked at the options pricing so who knows). FNM and FRE already burned me…

rohufish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i missed the greenberg interview. what did the old > man have to say, in a sentence or two? He said this is a liquidity crises and that AIG needs a bridge loan either from the private sector or the Feds, and that 90 days of silence from the rating agency would be needed for AIG to pick up. Rumors (as in CNBC rumours) are a bailout is on the table.

Buy, yes. Hold, no.

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > rohufish Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i missed the greenberg interview. what did the > old > > man have to say, in a sentence or two? > > He said this is a liquidity crises and that AIG > needs a bridge loan either from the private sector > or the Feds, and that 90 days of silence from the > rating agency would be needed for AIG to pick up. > > > Rumors (as in CNBC rumours) are a bailout is on > the table. Hello map1! nice to see you around! how is going?

hey strangedays! I’m glued to the news:) nothing is working:)

Might as well buy calls, because if this thing survives it’s going back to $15-20. Heck, buy the Jan09 $7.50s for $1.70 - the stock could be back at $30 in that time frame.

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey strangedays! I’m glued to the news:) nothing > is working:) I am sooo stressed and continuously news… very very difficult time for the job market!

Even a AF junkie(& a non-pro) like me knows that you have to do the valuation before you buy. if you can’t evaluate, just don’t buy. Anything else is speculation (except insider info).

I would be tempted to buy some calls. I mean, at this point the common stock is practically a call option anyway…

cfafrank Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Even a AF junkie(& a non-pro) like me knows that > you have to do the valuation before you buy. if > you can’t evaluate, just don’t buy. Anything else > is speculation (except insider info). At $2.50 a share I think valuation has been thrown out the window.

It’s tempting to try to ride the volatility. Hmmmm

I’m in at $3.00 this morning, feeling lucky today, besides, I need some excitement right now.

no rate cut.

I bought at $2.40 and sold at $3.25…heh.

I’m out at $3.95…double heh, although percentage wise you edged me out!