Would you do it all over again?

Having been in the program for now my fourth year and having studied my butt off for this last exam, I have started reflecting lately, if I passed this exam and it’s over was the struggle worth it? If I could go back to the year 2005 when I signed up for L1 I don’t think I would do it all over again. I think I just missed out on a lot of good times. Maybe my opinion will change on Aug 19. What about you guys?

get drunk. sleep with a woman or two.

My feelings are that I got in on the CFA late, and the best days are likely behind it. I also likely missed a lot of good fun as wizard notes. That being said, it is probably better than some of the non-fun stuff I would have done wasting time on the net and watching TV etc. My career is likely in better shape today because of CFA. So yeah, somewhere in between.

I regret doing it. I probably spent over 1000 hours for all 3 levels. Not really worth it…but then again like Halifax said, not sure what I would have done with my time.

Would have been drinking alot more for sure. Might sign up for another program just to keep me from rehab. Thinking hard about the Priesthood!

I only really spent about a month per level studying hardcore so it’s no skin off my back if I had to do it again.

At this point it’s worth it, but if I have to take L3 again, I would likely change my mind.

After going thru the pain, discipline and sacrifices of revision, it helps me appreciate the free time and my family more.

Another benefit: I’ve been looking over the GMAT math and it’s a complete joke compared to the CFA. After studying for the CFA, everything else is easy.

^-- try picking up any scientific book and you will realize that CFA explanations are as rigorous as 3rd grade math

I have my Charter hanging on my office wall and the two Senior PMs to my immediate left have their Charters hanging also. My one assistant says to me “Wow, you’re looks way better than Stu and Dougs” since they have the old AIMR one whereas mine says “CFA Institute”. Anyways, my point is it’s still THE BEST designation to get in Portfolio Management and lets face it, chicks dig the Charter. 3/3 or 3/10…stick it out…put in the time…it’s worth it in the long run. Willy

lets face it, chicks dig the > Charter. 3/3 or 3/10…stick it out…put in the > time…it’s worth it in the long run. I don’t think chicks dig the Charter if you’re going 3/10

UAECFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lets face it, chicks dig the > > Charter. 3/3 or 3/10…stick it out…put in > the > > time…it’s worth it in the long run. > > > > I don’t think chicks dig the Charter if you’re > going 3/10 Chicks dig a guy with stamina…

think about those who spent 1000+ hours and only passed 1 level or 2 level… consider yourself very lucky and time well spent… i think there are many of those ppl out there

True. With my 1000 + hrs I could have become fluent in a foreign langauge or something cool too instead of MAYBE getting some useless peice of paper. Oh well, I’m a sucker for punishment. Ask me August 20th.

Dude 1000+ hrs does not get you to speak a language. You may just how to say Bonjour, comment va-tu?and that is it.

Really, I am not so sure I agree. I mean, I only have like 50 hrs of German in undergrad and I can make out many words in documenatries I’ve watched, and can have simplified conversations with people I meet. I am by no means an expert, but that’s 20 X more time. I agree one must live in the area though. OK instead of doing CFA I could have watched the Bond series like 20 times. OK…I feel better now, even though I am a big Bond fan. That is a scary amount of time though when you think of it that way!~

The only regret I have is not doing it earlier, could have been retired by now :slight_smile:

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The only regret I have is not doing it earlier, > could have been retired by now :slight_smile: … hit me up when that happens so i can take your job :wink:

tibwa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude 1000+ hrs does not get you to speak a > language. You may just how to say Bonjour, comment > va-tu?and that is it. what retard takes 1000+ hours to learn two phrases?! With the time I’ve put into the CFA program, I know I will at least be able to learn enough of a language to get around. And, tibwa, I think you’ve publicize enough that you know 4 languages, but that does not an expert make.