Wow....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/06/california.murder.suicide/index.html "Authorities said the man had an MBA in finance but appeared to have been unemployed for several months and had worked for major accounting firms, such as Price Waterhouse, police said. " “His narrative is one of talking about this tragedy befalling him and his contemplation of an available exit or solution,” Moore said. “One is taking his own life and the other is taking the lives of his family and himself. … He talked himself into the second strategy, believing that was in effect the honorable thing to do.”

Living with mother-in-law, & two SUVs in the driveway of a McMansion… I’d probably blow my brains out, too. I’d try to spare the family.

I think he is from India if I am not mistaken. Asian families cannot bear the shame of financial failure similar to Japanese who have some the the highest suicide rates.

He was from India…article confirms that.

Sad story… A question to the Indians on this board. Is this incident unthinkable even in India?

Puleeez. Race has nothing to do with it. Indian, Greek, Jew, it don’t matter. Put a guy in the suburbs with 2 Suvs, $4 gas, a live-in Mother-in-law, 2 teenagers and rapidly depreciating mcmansion… and… —> BOOM

McMansion that was rented…

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Puleeez. Race has nothing to do with it. Indian, > Greek, Jew, it don’t matter. Put a guy in the > suburbs with 2 Suvs, $4 gas, a live-in > Mother-in-law, 2 teenagers and rapidly > depreciating mcmansion… and… —> BOOM +1

+1 add expectations from wharton education, peer pressure from classmates too…

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sad story… > > A question to the Indians on this board. Is this > incident unthinkable even in India? not necessarily. but farmers and their families commit suicide routinely over debt.stock brokers are known to jump off their penthouses when they cant pony up to pay for margin calls etc.this is going to be a low key Diwali