Writer's Strike

Given the vitriol directed at the UAW strike, would have suspected the AF crew to be up in arms over these striking workers. It’s like, hey, get back to work already! Bums. Should we fire the whole lot of them?

I need my “30 Rock” fix weekly!! Give them whatever they want!

my guess would be that its because the writers aren’t near as replacable (in our minds, at least). we probably don’t consider the uaw as skilled as we do the writers, etc. if you hire the people that just didn’t make the cut to work on the assembly line, you probably won’t notice a big difference (if there even is one) as a consumer. however, the same can’t be said for writers, i would think. if you’re funny, you’re more likely already hired. if not, you’re not. the same could be said for pro sports strikes. if people wanted to see minor league games, they would go buy a ticket.

Given the stuff that hollywood churns out these days, I do often wonder if writers should be classified as skilled or unskilled labor.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Given the stuff that hollywood churns out these > days, I do often wonder if writers should be > classified as skilled or unskilled labor. ba dum DUM.

cancelled 24 indefinitely! now that sucks! I also had tix this week to see a Jon Stewart taping…I have all the luck.